New transom project, non-Parker boat, but interesting

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Now THIS is the way to customize a boat ... or should I say, "How I spent my Spring and into Summer, dodging the rain and working on a friend's boat".

I helped glass in the new transom, so I must be aboard with the Capt for the christening cruise tomorrow to chase the elusive bluefin tuna!

Make sure to READ the PDF files attached ...

Attachments

• Transom-Part1.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
  • Transom-Part2.pdf
    655.4 KB · Views: 119
  • From-This.jpg
    From-This.jpg
    452.4 KB · Views: 1,381
  • To-This.jpg
    To-This.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 1,381
That has got to be a more enjoyable boat after its 'transformation'!
Excellent work, and good luck tomorrow! 8)

Here's my buddy Kevin's report:

"Dale and I got out today and had some nice snotty weather to put the "new" ride through her paces. We logged 60 miles on the day and conditions ranged from a light chop to an honest 2 foot sea (not a "The Hull Truth" 2 foot sea). Winds were 5-10 in the morning and were gusting over 20 by 11:00.

First off, with a reasonably full load (full fuel tank, ice, fishing and safety gear and two guys). I'm still turning 6450 RPM and making 48+ MPH with the 20 pitch prop at WOT. This is a 6100 RPM motor. I need to go up at least an inch, maybe 2 inches in pitch.

According to my astute observer, the cavitation plate is at or slightly above the water while on plane at cruise. Score one for high school geometry class.

In a really tight 2 foot quartering sea the boat can stay on plane, make 22-24 MPH and stay in the water for a reasonably comfortable ride. With Old Smokey on the stern we would have been falling off plane if we wanted to keep the boat in the water or we would have been launching every 3rd or 4th wave.

The boat rides bigger. The motor is quiet and strong. There is a lot more fishable space astern. I'm really happy with this project!"

BEFORE, 7-years ago ...
Before_Side-1.jpg

TODAY
After.jpg

I for one cannot wait to buy a Suzi 250hp or 300hp and put it on the stern of my big girl :D ! What a motor! At idle, you can only hear the water pissing out of the pee port and hitting the seawater. And she had a beautiful throaty growl getting onto plane. VERY impressive motor! Yes, I am ready to abandon and surrender my OMC badge and replace it with a Suzuki badge ;) !

mildew2":2v63o6j6 said:
Well.....Did you catch any fish???????????? Did you get any blood on the boat(Fish Blood)?

No love ...

We went to Race Point (tip of Cape Cod) as the fleet on SWC wasn't hooking up. We fished area from end facing Green Haba to down and around outside off the Water Tower. Whales all over and more bait than I've seen in a long time. I myself spotted about six tuna to 4-5' long surfacing clear of the water next to the boat. But even guys with kites and using live pogies weren't hooking up. Saw fish, saw tons of bait. Trolled sluggos, poppers, hydros and X-Raps. Jigged metal and sluggos. Tossed Sluggos and poppers to area by jumping fish.

Only one I heard (later) that hooked up was Nat from 1st Light Anglers, as guest on another boat.

Dale,
I am in my third year with a Suzi and could not agree more. The engine still impresses me with power and total operation. Maintenance is also easy if you have the service manual from Suzi. Browns Point has everything needed at a great price for whatever you want to do.

Tom

I too, am going into another trouble free season with my 140 zuke. Whether its 20 degrees duck hunting or 95 on the water she runs like a dream. 8) :lol:

Dale,
You and your friend did an awesome on the overhaul. One thing I will have for sure on my next boat is a closed transom.

Back