1801 Add Anchor Windlass Syetem (bad back)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nbatch1801

Reaction score
I have a 2004 1801 open bow (no casting platform) and would like to add (fabricate) a anchor windlass system.

I have a bad back and this would be a huge assistance.

Has anyone heard of a aftermarket windlass setup for an 1801?

Wondering if the bow/anchor locker would need to be fortified?

Thoughts ideas and input most welcome.

Tight lines!

Last edited:
I’ve never seen it done but it doesn’t seem implausible. You’ll need to install a bow anchor roller. Your best bet after that would likely be to have a plate fabricated that bolts down in place of the existing anchor locker hatch, and mount the windlass to that.

You will almost certainly not be able to find an aftermarket “kit” to do this, but it shouldn’t be too much of a big deal for a reputable shop in your area to come up with a custom solution that will work for you.

If you post some pictures of your bow arrangement, others might be able to give you some ideas that might work for you.

I’ve never seen it done but it doesn’t seem implausible. You’ll need to install a bow anchor roller. Your best bet after that would likely be to have a plate fabricated that bolts down in place of the existing anchor locker hatch, and mount the windlass to that.

You will almost certainly not be able to find an aftermarket “kit” to do this, but it shouldn’t be too much of a big deal for a reputable shop in your area to come up with a custom solution that will work for you.

If you post some pictures of your bow arrangement, others might be able to give you some ideas that might work for you.
Thanks, I like to do much of the work myself (save the mo ey for gas and bait;) but might be a bit over my head. Here is a pic (bad lighting) for reference.

Attachments

• 20240623_144559.jpg
    20240623_144559.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Adding to what Pelicic said and looking at the pix. The exposed back side of the anchor locker will need a hatch.

This will allow access to bolt all the stuff in...and fix line foul as they do sometimes with a windless.

The Lewmar 700 Free Fall is the most popular. It uses a 1/2in line and 1/4in chain. I've installed several and would HIGHLY recommend...If your putting one in..... Spring for the wireless Remote.

https://www.lewmar.com/content/pro-fish-windlass?v=25367

https://www.amazon.com/Remote-Kit-Windlass-Wireless-3-Button/dp/B005FTUYQ6

Same set up as yours. If it isn't done right it's going to look like crap.
When I anchor I go over the bow rail not through it and tie off on the outside of the rail to the cleat. For retrieving I stand on the bow and just ease it straight up.
Maybe consider just a simple bow roller first so you can stand on the deck to pull it up but you would still need to pull the anchor on board.

Back