2300 center console am/fm radio install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBO77

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am looking for suggestions / pictures of am/fm/cd install on a center console with t-top. Trying to find a place to mount the speakers where they can easily be heard and the radio where it is out of the weather (like inside the electronics box on the t-top). I really like the flush mount look and considered building a one piece enclosure inside the electronics box with the radio in center and speakers on each side which would require leaving the lexan door open to listen. The only problem is my storage is limited and I don't know how bad the speakers would echo. Thanks in advance.

I think the answer depends on which console you have. Is it one of The newer models with a flash mount set up, or an ondee one Nike mine with a sliding door accessing space for electronics?

If the older version, I just mounted the radio inside the electronics box and it is pretty well protected from the elements.

I mounted the speakers on either side of the console about a foot and a half from deck level. They are flush mounted and the resulting sound is great. The sound bounces off the gunwale and is very clear.

Damn iPad switched spell check to Spanish. I meant to say is it an older console like I have or a newer one with flush mount.

Additionally, I think you give up a ton of useful storage if you mount it in the t-top box like you described. Think twice about the flush mount. I prefer my electronics safely out of the weather.

Mine is in the electronics box with a remote by the throttle.

Currently in the middle of converting over to the fusion black box radio so everything will be controlled from the GPS units.

I would not go any other way than black box radio with an external remote if you have the proper GPS units (networking).

Thanks for the replies. Dave-J, I have the older console (guess I should update my signature to show the 1999 model year). I like the idea of the remote flush mounted and the radio out of harms way but I already purchased a Sony radio/speaker combo b/c it was on sale this winter for $99.00. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on where to mount the flush mount speakers. Thanks

As said, I have my speakers mounted on either side of the console, mounted low. Allows sound to carry throughout the the boat.

My speakers are mounted on the side of the console as well.

A friend of mine suggested a small box speaker (cannot remember brand/part #s) that hangs from the the hard top that can be rotated to direct the sound where you want it. Anyone have any experience with this on a small CC?

Back