Anchor doesn't deploy

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reel Addiction

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi my 2520 came with a Delta anchor with windlass when i go to deploy the anchor someone has to go to the front to the boat and give it a tap so it falls off the boat. Checked the roller and it is fine was wondering if anyone else has this problem. The boat is a 2024 2520XLD Thanks

Hi my 2520 came with a Delta anchor with windlass when i go to deploy the anchor someone has to go to the front to the boat and give it a tap so it falls off the boat. Checked the roller and it is fine was wondering if anyone else has this problem. The boat is a 2024 2520XLD Thanks
I had the same problem when we first got our 2520; it came with a 14 lb. Delta. I switched to a 22 lb Delta thinking the extra weight would solve the issue, and besides I wanted a larger anchor anyway. Still, the new 22 lb Delta anchor would not self deploy without me first going to the bow, and giving it a shove. I know you said that your roller is fine; by 'fine' do you mean it spins easily and freely with no friction/restriction? Our roller would not spin/turn freely. I solved our issue by replacing the bolt on the anchor roller with a 1/2 inch longer bolt. The bolt that came with the boat was too short, so they had to tightened the bolt too much to 'catch the threads' because of this, it would not spin freely..... I posted two videos showing how I solved the issue...
Here's #1

Here's #2

Last edited:
That's interesting Andy. I would have throught it would have Never done that. :)

Now I get the BS of walking back and forth... I'll never install one like yours is with the momentary switch on the dash.

Having installed 2 in the past with the 3 button remote..... It's a game changer. And it didn't seem to be as big of deal to walk up there.....Remote in hand.

But yours is a GREAT suggestion and a Good Vid also.

In the past.... Anchoring at the sand bar [Party time] :)

My son would run the boat and I would work the Ground tackle.

Here's how it would go. Manuver the boat and spin it around.... Drop the anchor and back boat toward beach. In a fluid moment.... Kill the engine and raise engine. I step off the swim platform with Stern anchor in hand.... Plant that anchor on beach and tie to clete... Now with remote in hand I can adjust position of boat and hold it in a exact location where you just step off swim platform into aprox 14in of water. The crew can disembark the boat easy and in and out of the boat is a snap..

Ready to leave....Pull stern engage windless with remote pull boat to deeper water... Lower engine and start... Continue retrieving ground tackle and go on under power.

This also keeps the 13cutting edges of 1 grain of sand from sanding on the keel of the boat... Also can make fast easy changes as the tide changes.

I had lot of problems with my anchor deployment when new. Part of it was my mismanagement of the system, as I was not taking advantage of what I had.
Now, I "drop" the anchor all the way into free spool before I get to the exact spot, go up and (or have the assistant) release the lanyard and send it over. It drops faster anyway when the gypsy is totally loose at the instant it drops over.
Doesn't solve your problem, especially when alone. When just moving a little ways, I just stopped pulling it up 100%. Leave it dangling over the edge enough to fall but not swing. It was an acceptable compromise, and free.
My roller freewheels, that was the first thing I checked after the tip on a fine CP thread.

That's interesting Andy. I would have throught it would have Never done that. :)

Now I get the BS of walking back and forth... I'll never install one like yours is with the momentary switch on the dash.

Having installed 2 in the past with the 3 button remote..... It's a game changer. And it didn't seem to be as big of deal to walk up there.....Remote in hand.

But yours is a GREAT suggestion and a Good Vid also.

In the past.... Anchoring at the sand bar [Party time] :)

My son would run the boat and I would work the Ground tackle.

Here's how it would go. Manuver the boat and spin it around.... Drop the anchor and back boat toward beach. In a fluid moment.... Kill the engine and raise engine. I step off the swim platform with Stern anchor in hand.... Plant that anchor on beach and tie to clete... Now with remote in hand I can adjust position of boat and hold it in a exact location where you just step off swim platform into aprox 14in of water. The crew can disembark the boat easy and in and out of the boat is a snap..

Ready to leave....Pull stern engage windless with remote pull boat to deeper water... Lower engine and start... Continue retrieving ground tackle and go on under power.

This also keeps the 13cutting edges of 1 grain of sand from sanding on the keel of the boat... Also can make fast easy changes as the tide changes.
I bought the boat when it was 2 years old, and the windlass and switch were already installed by the dealer in Northern Neck Va. If I were installing one new, I'd prefer a combination of all three options; The switch on the dash, foot switches on the bow, and/or a remote on a fob hanging on a cord around my neck! ☺

Latest posts

Back