boat cover

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBO77

Reaction score
Hello. I just purchased a 2000 2300 center console with T-Top (Parker factory), engine bracket, and no bow rail. Who makes a quality semicustom cover to fit. I have found several on the internet but cannot speak with anyone that has purchased one or even see a picture of one on this model boat. Thanks alot for your help.

Maybe others will tell you differently, but everyone I know who gets a cover for their CC with a T-top ends up getting the cover custom made. They cost more, but they fit better and last longer.

About 8 years ago I brought my Cape Horn 21 to Shirley's Canvas in Swansboro, NC and she made me a fantastic cover from Sunbrella. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I think I paid $1200 or $1400 for the boat cover, a cover for the console and a life jacket compartment under the T-top.

This past summer I bought a 2001 Parker 23SE with no bow rail, but a notch transom, so it's similar to yours but not exact. I lucked out and found a guy in my office who does boat canvas work as a hobby and he made me the cover below from Sunbrella material. Materials cost him about $700 and I gave him that, some extra and a few trips fishing. Both covers were built to last for years and I love the way the new one attaches under the T-top, it allows enough ventilation to keep the mildew away and does not allow rain to get in. Also all of the straps at the top and the bottom are in just the right place, which is difficult to find with an out of the box cover.

If you do decide to look into a custom cover you may want to post "Looking for canvas person in the XX area?". I'm sure there are people here who have recommendations and maybe you can get some prices to compare to the one you're looking at.

Here's my new cover over my new-to-me 23SE to give you an idea of what it could look like.

Good luck,
Gary

Attachments

• cover_forward2.JPG
    cover_forward2.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 731
  • cover_above.JPG
    cover_above.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 731
Awesome cover looks great!!! Much better then shrink wrap for sure!!!

I have the same boat 2300 CC with bracket,I decided to have a custom cover made out of Subrella,it has 3 zippers,the cover is made out of 2 sections united by 2 of the zippers in the center console are,the third zipper is on the back so that I can unzip and go inside the boat to do any work withour removing the whole cover,I paid 1500.00 and this cover will last for years to come.

I have enclosed a picture

Robert

I got my cover from boatcovers.com and it is great. It is on its third winter and still looks and works great.

One thing I would advise is that if you are using this for dry land winter cover, get the typ that covers the T-top as well as the console. Will protect your canvas and make it last longer as well as provide a much larger "tent" to work under in the spring if you want to get a head start on projects. In mine it can be in the 30's outdie, but if the sun is out the temp inside is close to 60.

Will attempt to attach a pic.

Attachments

• Picture - Main 247 (Small).jpg
    Picture - Main 247 (Small).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 651
Thanks Keith. Like Robert I have a zipper down the side (by the ladder) that I can use to get in and out and like Dave said it's great for working on the boat in the rain or the cold.

My mistake. Got my cover from boatcoversdirect.com Very easy to work with them and the quality is great! Price is around $600.

Here is the cover I had on my previous boat.
Got it at http://www.boatcoversdirect.com/

Image-43DE2E4DEE2E11D7.jpg

Back