Hello from SOMD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trell B.

Reaction score
Hello - I bought a 2023 2320 SL at the end of last season and recently stumbled upon this forum. Lots of good info in here - Great to meet everyone!

I have a Parker 2120 I fish off of. Before that I had a Center console Key West. If the weather turns nasty on a center console you can run but can't hide. Winter fishing is nice on the pilot house. It does still get cold, but the wind isn't biting into you. Fishing in the Chesapeake Bay and the Potomac can be hot one minuet, then cooled off the next. It really depends on so many factors as I'm sure you already know. The better fishing now is early in the morning and late evening for many different species of fish during hot conditions. Lately I've seen red drum being caught around Hoopers Island. A mixture of rock, blues, trout, ribbon fish, flounder, Spanish mackerel are being caught in the Bay. Just read a story about Tarpon moving into the Bay? I've fished here for over 40 years never hearing of Tarpon anywhere near the bay? Last year a friend of mine running a charter hooked into some nice Cobia by the target ship.

I have seen Late November through the end of December to produce huge Rockfish that come in from the ocean. It seems these huge Rock hang near the mouth of the Potomac and the Bay after they've moved in. We know they come in from the ocean because the sea lice fall off of them when we unhook and put them back into the water. Although many methods have been tried. We have found Jigging to work the best.

Don't know if that answered your question? Happy fishing, and be safe!

Back