Hull Discoloration- Previous Repair?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

md84

Reaction score
What do you guys think- I assume this discoloration is evidence of a past repair... There is some spidering of the gel coat. Boat is solid and hasn’t been beat on. I’m not too worried but curious what others think- I don’t have a lot of experience with fiberglass. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_8484.jpeg
    IMG_8484.jpeg
    1.4 MB
  • IMG_8485.jpeg
    IMG_8485.jpeg
    2.1 MB
  • IMG_8488.jpeg
    IMG_8488.jpeg
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_8487.jpeg
    IMG_8487.jpeg
    2 MB
  • IMG_8486.jpeg
    IMG_8486.jpeg
    2 MB
JUST like taking detailed pix's of paint.... They never show well.... Hard to tell a Lot from your pix's.... Some water sanding with a DA.....[1000,2000 & 3000gt] Then Buffing.....Then Polishing.

JUST like taking detailed pix's of paint.... They never show well.... Hard to tell a Lot from your pix's.... Some water sanding with a DA.....[1000,2000 & 3000gt] Then Buffing.....Then Polishing.
I hear you and I appreciate the reply. I did the best I could with the pics- if you open them up and zoom in you can see a lot more. I attached a couple zoomed in markups below. I’m pretty sure there was a light sideswipe and repair here at some point. Maybe just not a great color match on the gel coat which makes it stand out. And possible the gel coat was put on a little too thick leading to all the light spiders in the repair area…

I’ll see if I can get some better pictures later today.

Attachments

• IMG_8495.jpeg
    IMG_8495.jpeg
    476.3 KB
  • IMG_8494.jpeg
    IMG_8494.jpeg
    468 KB
Back