Sea Dog garboard plug

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBO77

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have any experience with Sea Dog products? I need to replace my garboard plug along with thru hull in the fish box of my 2300 parker. A replacement perko runs $80.00 but a bronze sea dog $22.00. Just a little aprehensive due to the vast difference in price for what looks like the exact same product (with a different name cast into the T-handle). Thanks in advance.

no
but another option is contact your dealer or since I dont have one close by I emailed the factory and it can be ordered plus shipping
I contacted them last year and the cost for the plug and housing was $10 but I have lost a few brain cells since then

I bought a spare plastic plug on a key ring from WalMart for $3 and keep at the helm

thanks salbrent. This isn't the smaller plug on the transom to drain the hull rather the one inside the fishbox about 3/4" in diameter along with the associated thru hull fitting. I had to destroy the fitting to remove the plug and every resource on the internet quoted $75-$95 dollars. Since it is manufactured by PERKO, I am assuming I can get one cheaper than from a dealer by eliminating the middle man.

Back