Trolling motor on 1801 HELP

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutch525

Reaction score
Has anyone mounted a bow mount trolling motor on their 1801? I am looking into doing it and would like to get some input before I move forward. Pictures of how it is mounted to the bow would be a huge help as well as what thrust is used and whether it is enough. Thanks in advance for your help. Dutch

I'm in the process of putting the motorguide w/ the remote control on mine. I think it is 74 lb thrust, which should be adequate. I removed the bow light and filled the screw holes and wire hole last weekend using penetrating epoxy/dowel/polyresin/formula 27. This weekend I hope to get the new elliptical LED navlights and the trolling motor mounted. Depending on whether the mounting bracket covers the old holes I may or may not gelcoat over them. I got a small amount at the dealer just in case.

I had the dealer wire my boat for a trolling motor and install an onboard charger when I bought it, so I won't have to do any wiring other than the nav lights. It's going to be a tight fit up front b/c of the location of the cleats, bow light, and anchor locker. I got the motor guide b/c it had the smallest footprint. It was also substantially cheaper than the comparable minn kota, but from what I've read people in general seem to prefer mk to mg. Fortunately I don't have to worry a/b a bow rail.

I'll try and remember to take some pictures this weekend.

Just installed one on my 21se. Used a MinnKota Rip Tide 101 lb thrust - 36 volts. Works really well. Very pleased with install. I have the copilot and auto pilot. I can be fishing in the back of the boat and sterring the boat and controlling the speed from there. The auto-pilot feature is just awesome. The head has a compass and when you engage autopilot the motor steers itself. I installed the batteries and charger in my livewell.

An 80 lb will work on your 18 and will move the boat extremely well. Used Minn Kota's detachable mounting bracket. All wiring connections are in the anchor locker so when trolling motor is removed all that is left is a 4" x 6" piece of white king starboard. I removed my pop up bow light to get the install done the way I wanted it. I put seperate port and starboard lights on.

Make sure you get a 60" shaft!

Let me know if you need more help. I had someone from another board walk me through the install. He has 2 electric motors on both his Jones Brothers. I'd be happy to return the favor to someone else.

Rick

Back