What's Under the Deck?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seniorchief

Reaction score
Hello All,
I just bought a '98 1800 as a restoration project. It has a '13 Merc 115 Four Stroke, and is in need of some TLC. This boat came to me after it had an incident with a skip over a rock, it has a bruise and fracture on the bottom midships that may have leaked some. It has been out of the water since last fall and is not dripping any water. I'm a marine insurance surveyor, and my moisture meter shows a dry deck, hull and transom. As I look at the boat, I see the fuel fill on the port fwd quarter and the hose connection on the tank, and the pickup and sender aft under the helm seat. I assume the tank runs the midships length from the boundaries I can see. Has anyone had the floor up and seen exactly what is there? What fuel capacity? It would be common for the tank to be bedded in foam, is this the case? I have pounded and poked this boat with my mallet and meter, and it's dry and solid, but I always worry about the spot I can't see! any feedback?

You try using the Search tool and entering different key words like
1800, 1801, tank, etc. Various owners have posted about tank and deck replacements but I didn’t book mark them and just use the Search tool or go to the Projects section and look at each topic . It might some of your time.

Most likely the tank is made by RDS. Pull up cockpit deck hatch over fuel sender and look the tank label. Area may need cleaning and a flashlight to read label. Take the tank info and hull HiN and email RDS . Google their website. . Most likely they will haves the hull and tank drawings. I believe Parker had a data crash and unfortunately lost a lot of technical and other files and try RDS first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Contact Parker via email, provide your HIN and request a stringer schematic. They will send you one that looks like this one (attached)

Attachments

• 23 DVCC STRINGERS PRE 2002 no backing plates CHX00014.pdf
    100.6 KB · Views: 68
Back