Would a Parker 2120 fit a 10' garage?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lybin

Reaction score
I am building a new garage in my backyard, with the restriction I have, I can only fit a 10' door, I wonder if a parker 2120sc could fit under it? I have stopped by a local dealer but they said they couldn't tell since they don't have a boat in stock to do the measurement. Anyone can help? I understand the type of trailer matters, but I just want to know if there's a trailer out there that can fit a 2120 under my 10' door? Thx!

If it has a T top.... It will NOT go thru a 10ft door... LOT's of people that never measure and assume are disappointed.

Thank you guys for the suggestion! I went to the dealership again yesterday, they have a 2420SC, its height is just shy of 10', I was told 2120 is slightly lower, but also, that 2320 is sitting on a block, not trailer, so it's a bit lower right now.
Is there any 2120 SC owner here? I wonder if it is possible to do a measurement when the boat is sitting on trailer? I just wanted to make sure.

Lybin, you will never really know until you measure the specific boat on the specific trailer that you are interested in. Example, my brother parked is 24' Center Console (not Parker) in his shop for 5-6 years, no problem. Eventually, he needed a new trailer and had one made locally. Unfortunately, because he had a good 5, 6 inches of room before, he never thought about the boat not fitting on a new trailer (bad/costly mistake). He got his new trailer, placed the boat on it, and it was a good 3,4 inches too high with no way to resolve the problem.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, you should measure the boat and trailer you are looking at buying to be certain it will work out.

Thanks MadGar, here is the problem, the dealer can't tell me the height, since he doesn't have one in stock(and he said this is not a regular item they stock), but if I order one without measurement, it's too late. I understand different trailers will be different, hence my original question was that is there any trailer out there that can fit the boat under 10'? or if someone has a boat sitting on the trailer, I'd like to know the height, if it is under 10', what model of trailer?

It's kind of chicken/egg issue right now for me.

I doubt it will fit. I have a 2100 dvcc and had a folding t top made in order for it to a 10ft high carport. The t top folds lower than the windshield with the windshield only having about 10 inches of clearance. The boat sits on a 6k lb Tidewater roller trailer.

I think the dimension will come down to how the boat sits on the trailer. Is it
“between” the wheels/fenders or does it sit over or on top of them? You really want to work with the trailer manufacturer. I’d call Pacific Trailers in chino CA. They make a ton of trailers for Parker’s and know them all. Especially the 2120. Very popular boat here.

One option to think about is if the trailer has two axles, consider going to a three axle and using smaller diameter tires. You can get the same load capacity. It will track very straight. Yes the rear will wear more because it will drag some on turning. Rotate tires once a year. The smaller wheels will make the boat lower and will help at the boat ramp. Will make launching and loading easier since the truck will be away from the water more. Trailer will not have to back down as far to get the boat to float.

I have a 2004 2120 sc on a load rite 5 star roller trailer w/15" tandem wheels. I just measured it and it 9'7" to 9'9" to the top of the rocket launcher rod holders.

I am building a new garage in my backyard, with the restriction I have, I can only fit a 10' door, I wonder if a parker 2120sc could fit under it? I have stopped by a local dealer but they said they couldn't tell since they don't have a boat in stock to do the measurement. Anyone can help? I understand the type of trailer matters, but I just want to know if there's a trailer out there that can fit a 2120 under my 10' door? Thx!
I have a 2005 2120sc on a load rite trailer and the rocket launcher rod holders scrape the weatherstripping on a 10’ door it also is very tight less 6” either side on the 10’ wide opening but it does fit just helps to make you better at backing in your boat

One option to think about is if the trailer has two axles, consider going to a three axle

If you have ever owned a Triaxle trailer before..... You will never want one again. They are VERY hard on tires.

I have a 2004 2120 sc on a load rite 5 star roller trailer w/15" tandem wheels. I just measured it and it 9'7" to 9'9" to the top of the rocket launcher rod holders.
Thanks! man, that's exactly what I wanted!

Jday: If you don't mind, may I ask for one more thing? What's the distance from the tip of your trailer to the center of last tire? Thx!

Back