boat lift questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gray duck

Reaction score
I am going to able to graduate from on the trailer by the house to keeping boat on lift at the dock. It is rated at 13,000 lbs. Should be OK.? What width should the bunks be set at and how long should they be? Boat is 2006 2520 with twin 150s. thanks Lift has stainless cables on drums at all four corners - should these be greased or not?

13k should be OK for a 2520.
As far as bunk width... if she is on a trailer now, measure what you have there, and transfer those measurements to your lift. Should be perfect.

No do not grease the cables but there are fitting on the gears that will need to be greased with a grease gun. The bunks should be set up so that they are just inside and against the lifting strakes. set them up so that the side of the boat is about 12" from the side of the pier. I have a 2003 2520. I will take some measurements tonight when I get home and send them to you, and try and get a better pic

Attachments

• IMAG1290.jpg
    IMAG1290.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 314
I have a 12,500 lb magnumlift 15' long bunks, 45-1/2" center to center in the stern 40" center to center in the bow. Hope this gets you close. Like I said the bunks are to lay tight to the inside of the strakes. I had the lift installer set it up for my parker. he said the factory has a guilde for laying out the bunks for all boat models, he made a phone call and got that info. you may be able to call the manufacturer of your lift, maybe they will have that info on hand also. good luck Mike

Boat is 2520 DV.
Lift:

10 ft between pulleys now with 12 ft bunks - I think I'd feel better with bigger and longer bunks
thanks

Brent":16f2ejw7 said:
Mike

thanks Do you have a picture of the lift without a boat on it.

We have davit lifts and plan to add elevator lifts when we replace the sea wall
Brent i do not but i could get you one over the weekend

Back