New-to-me 1801 CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fly Rod

Reaction score
Hi All,

I can finally stop enjoying the Parker experience vicariously and start fixing my own. (What! something else broke? :? ) Bought a 2003 1801 with the standard 115 Yamaha 4 stroke.

Quick question: what type of fuel usage do 18 ft owners get? (The boat has bottom paint, which creates more drag.)

The reason I ask is b/c the Yamaha fuel gauge seems to be stuck on full. I filled the tank and did two trips so far (about 40 miles total) and it still reads full. Since each bar is 7.5 gallons (60/8 = 7.5), I must have used more than one bar's worth by now. How reliable is the Yamaha fuel gauge?

Great website and one of the main reasons I bought a Parker. The other reason is the nice flat floor all the way to the bow, which is nice for fly fishing. The only other manufacturer that has this feature is McKee Craft, which recently went under. :(

Tight Lines,
Fly Rod

its probably not the guage itself, my bet would be the float or the sender. check out the tank to see if either is malfunctioning or if theres lots of visual corrosion. that eing said, mine hasnt worked for years. its the sender unit, but so far i havent mustered up the enthusiasm to replace it. its easier to just look under the deck plate periodically :lol:

There's one thing you'll learn quick...don't trust the gauges. Unless you have a fuel flow monitor, you should start "estimating" how far you've gone and compare that with your average miles per gallon. I used to have your exact boat, and i got over 3mpg...So with your 60 gallon gas tank you should feel comfortable going about 150 miles, then refilling.

And I say 150 miles to be farrr on the safe side.

Sorry I'm late to the welcome party.

Welcome to ClassicParker and the ParkerNation and your on-line Parker Owner's Manual.

As for gauges, you can't beat a fuel flow meter which I've found to be my most accurate estimate of fuel consumption. When the gauge says I've consumed 100 gal, I end up filling with 98. Gauge has been within 1% for the seven years I've owned the boat.

Dave

aka

Back