• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

must sell. buying a home. 1981 17ft CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reeleasy

Reaction score
The boat is a 1981, 17ft Parker center console. The hull is in great shape for it's age. No soft spots and the stringer is solid. I bought the package in 2009 and used it in Moriches bay. The boat runs like a raped ape even with 4 on board and fishes very comfortably. You can take this boat into areas that most can't get into. The teleflex steering is 2 years old. The VHF radio is brand new but I havent completed the installation yet. The bilge pump was replaced at the end of last season. Anchor and roughly 200ft of line is included.

The motor is a 1999 Mercury, oil injected 90hp with very low hours. The pictures don't do it justice as to how clean it is. I never had a problem starting or running it and it sips gas. The motor pushes the boat at a steady, mid RPM 30-35 knots with ease. There is also hydraulic trim.

I can't recall the year of the Load-Rite trailer but will get back to you. The trailer is in good shape and I re-wired it last Spring. The bearings are 3 or 4 years old I believe and the tires are in good shape with a spare. All the rollers are there and in good shape. It has a new manual winch that I replaced last Spring as well.

If you wish to email me my address is [email protected]. I will be happy to send more pictures. I am located on Long Island,NY and am sorry to have to sell it. I really do love this boat and have caught the best fish of my life thus far on her. I hope to give her a good home.

Attachments

• DSC01587 - Copy.JPG
    DSC01587 - Copy.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 605
  • DSC01591 - Copy.JPG
    DSC01591 - Copy.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 605
  • DSC01579 - Copy.JPG
    DSC01579 - Copy.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 604
  • DSC01585 - Copy.JPG
    DSC01585 - Copy.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 604
  • DSC01580 - Copy.JPG
    DSC01580 - Copy.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 604
  • DSC01586 - Copy.JPG
    DSC01586 - Copy.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 604
To end the speculation, we asked the factory if this boat was indeed a Parker.
The reply was, "It is not".

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9714

If the boat was sold to the present owner and represented by the seller as a Parker, you may have some recourse.
Since you posted the boat here to ClassicParker, my thought is that you believed it to be genuine.
Unfortunately, it is not.

If you decode the HIN (links provided in the thread above) you may have a better idea of what you have there.
Finally, if the HIN has been altered to represent this boat as a Parker, I would suggest that you contact your local police agency.

Good luck.

Back