Uhhhh ..........No.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any remote possibility this boat can be a Parker????

Guy is telling me the hull numbers prove it is. :?:

I vote no.

Bryan 2530":31vbwe47 said:
Is this a model never seen before? Someone enlighten me.

I've seen several listings for 17 Parkers over the years, but I believe they are rare.
The hull looks different than the present 18, though the HIN could prove its lineage.

In the early days, Parker Marine Enterprises built boats mostly for commercial use, later shifting focus to cover the sportsman.
As such, most of the commercial hulls (that I've seen) were in the 23 to 25' range. Those were the Sou`westers.
A 17 would be too small for commercial use.

Sure wish we had a Parker historian on staff here. :)

That is what I figured, in '81 that boat should be tagged as a sou'wester, not parker.

It looks like someone stuck a Parker seat on an old Sportcraft hull and called it a Parker but who knows it was built almost 30 years ago.

If it is real it truly is a "Classic Parker"

Tried yesterday but we quit at noon because of the wind, guys who went out deeper did well.

Wanted to go today but decided against it, should have gone I guess. Oh well.

This is not a Parker. We never produced a 16.5' model. This boat has a style line aft which we have never done. The deck cap, hull flare and overall shear of the boat does not fit our line. Not to quote a game show but, Final Answer, not a Parker.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

So there you have it. Mystery solved.

I just hope the present owner didn't buy it thinking that it was a Parker.
Since it was posted for sale here on CP, I fear that might be the case.
That would be quite unfortunate...

He told me in a PM on another site that it came from Whitewater Marine as a Parker.

How true that is I can't say.

This boat has a style line aft which we have never done.

That is what caught my eye at first.

Back