05 2120 sc looking to upgrade electronics/trandsucer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I fish in San Diego anywhere around 50-600 ft. I’m looking for a recommended transducer and fishfinder display. I’m curious what others have done.

Attachments

• IMG_5419.jpeg
    IMG_5419.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5052.jpeg
    IMG_5052.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
I would not agree with the above.

The Airmar B175hw is a High Freq -Wide cone angle. Much better suited for a Max of 300ft. It's wide cone angle is great for discovering new wrecks.

The Airmar B175M is what I'd recommend.... And I'm Still a Garmin fan over a Simrad. I install both.

Garmin in 10in would be 1042xsv...... In a 12in would be 1242xsv

These units have knobs... Knobs are your Friend.

Hitting a touch screen in the wrong place in a bouncing boat while trying to operate it is a PITA.

Airmar b175_ it is, at about $1000 plus! The continental shelf here in NE extends out about 90 miles, long ride to the canyons, most everywhere is 200’ or less. Not a lot of deep drop fishing at depths to 600’. I don’t know anything about that type of fishing (except once did a charter with electric reels, mate called it ‘harvesting’ not fishing). Is the goal to find fish in the water column, examine bathymetry, search for wrecks?

Owned both Simrad mfd (nss12 evo3) and currently Garmin mfd. The Simrad had knobs too, I preferred the Simrad,

Back