11/9 Thresher

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ida Ann

Reaction score
Picked up this 130 to 150 lb Thresher in about 600ft of water off Laguna on Sunday. We trolled bait-O’s and Rapala’s in the morning until about noon for nothing and then setup a slick and were on at about 1pm. This is the one shark we will keep this year, plenty of meat to last and share with friends and neighbors.

Attachments

• 1 Thresher 11-9-07.JPG
    1 Thresher 11-9-07.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 125
That's a good eating size. How do you prepare the meat for cooking? Do you have to soak it in milk overnight or do those taste good straight up?

jim

grouperjim":3lzjavwj said:
That's a good eating size. How do you prepare the meat for cooking? Do you have to soak it in milk overnight or do those taste good straight up?

jim

No need to soak in milk. I usually just marinade the steaks in a citrus type marinade like Lowry’s Baja Lime or something with lemon/lime flavor and cook it on the grill. I also cook some in the smoker. It’s Good Eats!!!

Nice i want a piece and i will take a corona also, thanks! :D

bigeye2k":498ugtvy said:
Nice going we managed a 136 lber the day before in the same area. Off the surf and Sand Hotel.

Did you hook up on the troll or did you setup on a slick?

Back