18 cc vs 21 cc

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcyc

Reaction score
I am currently looking into picking up my first boat. What does a nicely equiped (ttops,rocket launchers, etc..1801 Center Console and 2100 Center Console go for?

I picked up my '07 1801 brand new for 23k and the 21' was 40k. i hear the prices haven't changed much.

It depends on what you plan to do with it and how deep your pockets are so far as choices. I have the '07- 1801 and am very happy with it. I mostly fish the lower Chesapeake and its tributaries. I've had it 20 miles off-shore. I pull my family and friends on tubes. I even take it out for dinner every now and then at several marinas. I have been down big-boat road and did not want another 25' cuddy cabin. But that's me. I wanted a small, very reliable well-built boat so I went with a Parker and am very glad I did so. I looked at the 21' c/c but the extra 17k didn't seem worth it. If I was going in big water I would consider the 21'. Many guys buy small boats and kick themselves for not going bigger so give it alot of consideration.

Im looking manly to go about 6-10 miles off shore fishing out of the manasquan inlet with 2 or 3 other guys and also as a bay cruiser to go w/ my wife and friends to resteraunts etc...

If you are mainly fishing off-shore and plan on taking 2 - 3 guys you may want to consider the 21'. It really doesn't have a ton more deck space but the gunnels are higher and it may be dryer. Personally, even in my 25' I didn't like more than 3 passengers for fishing, especially off-shore. I've had, on more than one occasion, 3 passengers in my 1801 and all of us are 225+ but that was in the tributaries fishing for speckled trout and puppy drum. She is perfect for 2 passengers plus myself for fishing or taking 5 kids tubing! I really like the 5.7 miles to the gallon w/ the 115 Yama-hammer! Either way, you will not go wrong with a Parker.

most of the boat shows are scheduled for the next 2 or 3 months.. I would check them out and try to find a good left-over or 2010 conferably equipped Parker. I have the 1801, I just bought it and the weather has only allowed me to use it one time..now in storage. Was well pleased with the stability,usable room, and the performance of it. Can't wait for
Spring to put it to full use. I know you will be happy with either the 1801 or the 21cc. Parker makes a great boat....

jonas grumby":1bix5xpt said:
If you are mainly fishing off-shore and plan on taking 2 - 3 guys you may want to consider the 21'.

I would agree.

Megabyte":2qbj5ktb said:
jonas grumby":2qbj5ktb said:
If you are mainly fishing off-shore and plan on taking 2 - 3 guys you may want to consider the 21'.

I would agree.

Having owned an 1801 for 2 seasons and recently upsizing to a 2120, i would agree.

2-3 guys on an 1801 and 10 miles off shore.... Get the 21 footer.....

Best of luck..

Kevin (M5)

Back