• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

23 cc bow rail for sale

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBO77

Reaction score
I have the bow rail removed from my 1999 23' center console for sale. It was removed from the boat shortly after purchase and has been stored under a shed ever since. It is the factory Parker stainless steel taller profile rail. Excellent condition $100.00 firm no shipping. Located in Elizabeth City, NC. Thanks

what or how did you fill the holes after you removed it? I have a 1999 2100 dvcc and want to do the same,thanks.

In2Deep":bwe2tu8a said:
what or how did you fill the holes after you removed it? I have a 1999 2100 dvcc and want to do the same,thanks.

FWIW, when my vintage ’92 2520 with the old style bowrail got rammed by a 32’ cabin cruiser, I had to replace the rail with the newer Parker style, that uses the one 3/8” bolt up from under the washboards. The old rails used a rectangular chain plate to the deck, with a #12 bolt in each corner. So I had (24) holes up each side of the walk-around to fill.

I put duct tape on the bottoms of the holes and then weeped in a little 2-part waterproof epoxy to ensure the wood core was covered and TAKING CARE NOT to get any onto the “sides” of the top portion of the hole remaining. Once the epoxy cured, I scratched the epoxy with a knife, to give the filler something to bond onto, and the filled the holes almost, but not quite flush with Formula 27, a polyester-based filler (think Bondo for boats) that is highly compatible with gelcoat.

Then I mixed up Parker gelcoat with some cabosil and filled to just about flush. Then a topcoat of straight gelcoat. Then sand and polish and PRESTO – I defy you to see any traces of those hole on my washboards. Oh, and then remove the duct tape ;) !

FYI - Please use the search feature here if/when doing any gelcoat work, as we have covered this with many topics & posts, most with “how to” info and detailed pictures.

probably similar to what I will do for a permanent repair. The bow rail was on the boat when new and removed shortly thereafter by the previous owner. The loose rail transferred ownership to me and it is just taking up space in my Garage.

Back