23 SE Owners ??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striper4

Reaction score
I would like to ask all you 23 SE Parker owners what are you getting for fuel burn numbers and performance at cruise and wot. The Parker 23 SE has my interest for my next Boat and I am looking at waiting until the 2014 model year comes out. I have been informed by Parker that there will be some changes made to the 23 SE, i.e., going to an offwhite hull color, seating forward and possibly rod lockers with also changes in the back. The boat may be bumped up for a 250 Hp rating.

Joe

Hey Striper4, I just took on fuel, and calculate that I have burned 2 gal per hour, mixed, cruising, running hard, no wake speed, etc. Just using it as I do for coastal drift fishing. I have a 2007 23se (modified hull) w/ 200HP Yamaha 4stroke. I'm impressed with the frugality/ economy of this boat. It certainly fills my needs from going at steerage speed, trimmed up in 1.5ft. on the flats, to moderate chop on the ocean. Good luck to you. Papa

Sorry, Striper4, I made a bad calculation. Although I would love to get 2 gal per hr. I'm not. I did't fill my tank, as I'm going to drag the boat to NC pretty soon, and want to keep the weight down. I'm not certain of my fuel burn now, but think it's about 8-10 Gal lPer Hr. I like to cruise at 4100 RPM, which give me 17-19 Knots. I also run hard for about 3 minutes once in a while, as my mechanic said I should. Good luck, Papa

Sorry, Striper4, I made a bad calculation. Although I would love to get 2 gal per hr. I'm not. I did't fill my tank, as I'm going to drag the boat to NC pretty soon, and want to keep the weight down. I'm not certain of my fuel burn now, but think it's about 8-10 Gal lPer Hr. I like to cruise at 4100 RPM, which give me 17-19 Knots. I also run hard for about 3 minutes once in a while, as my mechanic said I should. Good luck, Papa

PAPA,

That seems definately more logical, and still far better than the 15 Ga/hr I burn on my thirsty Ocean Pro. Do you have oversized Trim Tabs on your hull ? If so, how does the boat ride in a nasty 2-3 chop with tabs somewhat down and nose in ? I have heard some say the boat is wet and pounds, and others say not ??

Good morning Striper4, I have original t-tabs on, which are approx. 8x 12 inches. On the weekend I came back in in a 2-3 chop from the south. Heading W-SW I dropped the starboard tab about half way, and eliminated spray on the port side while running about 4000rpm. speed was about 15kts. When seas built a little I altered my course a bit to the NW, and eliminated spray. This boat with modified hull has not pounded when I'm at the helm. However, my son has a way to push it up and get it pounding. Too fast for me, and beats everyone up. I am happy to tell you, though, that I no longer take anti-inflamatory pills since I bought this Parker.

If someone tells you that any Parker pounds, they either do not have it trimmed correctly or they are pushing her too fast for the conditions.
These are not ultra-deep vee go-fasts like Contenders or SeaVee's. They are wide body fishing boats.
Trim her right, and throttle back a bit, and the ride will be fine.

So far as her being 'wet'... she is a center console boat. All CC's will be 'wet' given the right conditions.
That is why I bought a pilothouse model. I'm never wet. :wink:

Back