2530---250 or 300 HP

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tscott

Reaction score
My name is Tim and I live in Salem OR. I purchased a 2002 2530 Parker in Minnesota with a 250 Yamaha 2 stroke. The boat only has 130 hours and I love it. I fish out of a small port called Depoe Bay, on the Oregon coast. We often go 40 to 50 miles offshore loaded with 300 lbs. of ice and adding 600 lbs. of Albacore tuna. I will be replacing the 2 stroke with a 4 stroke.
I've been following this site sense I bought the boat in Aug. I appreciate the knowledge on this forum and your willingness to share it.
My question is, which motor would you recommend, the 250 or 300?
I was leaning to the 300 HP Suzuki, partly because I can get it at cost.
I called Armstrong Brackets and they recommended the 250 for that year Bracket. (for torque reasons) I know some of you are using the 300 and would be interested what you think. Will I be OK with a 250?
Thanks,
Tim G.

I was leaning to the 300 HP Suzuki, partly because I can get it at cost.

Just cause you got it, doesn't mean you have to use it all. But if you don't have it......Your SOL!

Go For it.

Suzzy300AP_zps6e2ff653.jpg

2_zps026283c5.jpg

Thanks Warthog, I spent the day at the Portland Boat show yesterday, shopping for motors. After talking to Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki, I'm leaning to the 300 Suzuki.
What year is your 2530 and is it a modified or DV? That's a great looking Parker.
Thanks again for your help.
TG.

'95 MV....The boat was just about bone stock when we got it a year ago. Didn't even have any tabs on it. I spent 6 months and a bunch of money bringing it to where we want it....next is a Crows nest and controls ....Coming this month.

The boat gets 2MPG average. The boat is Always Loaded down.

It's top end is 43MPH and that is really over driving the hull. It's just not designed to go that fast....But it will on the ragged edge. Cruise is 25 to 30MPH. 4000 & 4400 respectfully.

Build thread starts here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12419

Back