Adding floor box

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bthomas516

Reaction score
Has anyone ever added or seen a floor box added to the bow of a center console? I have a 2501 with an open bow and was just wondering if it’s ever been done. Would be nice to have another storage compartment.

I understand it is not what you asked for, but have you considered a coffin box? Extra seating, extra storage, you could put a decent sized cooler in there for smaller fish or use it all for bigger fish, without putting water below your deck. Nice ones are expensive, but would be worth it (to me) since you can still get to the gunwales all around.
The biggest frigid rigid is like 6 feet long and 30 something inches wide...and 6 grand. BUT, it is a part of the boat, down to gelcoat and stainless hinges. They can spray a matching gel coat, I think.
This is one of their setback coolers that allow full opening while mounted against a bulkhead. Different monster, but added to demonstrate the possibilities.

One of my fantasy boats is a 23SE with a FR coffin box up front. Extra storage but still full access to gunwales. The new ones just waste too much space with that goofy seat over nothing but floor.

Screenshot_20240729-083954.png

Last edited:
If I ever need to do my fuel tank I plan on taking advantage of those unutilized voids below deck. In the files section you can look at the stringer layout to help make an assessment.
Quality large hatches are a must.

I understand it is not what you asked for, but have you considered a coffin box? Extra seating, extra storage, you could put a decent sized cooler in there for smaller fish or use it all for bigger fish, without putting water below your deck. Nice ones are expensive, but would be worth it (to me) since you can still get to the gunwales all around.
The biggest frigid rigid is like 6 feet long and 30 something inches wide...and 6 grand. BUT, it is a part of the boat, down to gelcoat and stainless hinges. They can spray a matching gel coat, I think.
This is one of their setback coolers that allow full opening while mounted against a bulkhead. Different monster, but added to demonstrate the possibilities.

One of my fantasy boats is a 23SE with a FR coffin box up front. Extra storage but still full access to gunwales. The new ones just waste too much space with that goofy seat over nothing but floor.

View attachment 40713
Ive looked at them but havent "really" thought about them. The more I think about it though it is a great idea. Thanks for reminding me about them.

My deck had fuel tank replaced and they have huge opening in deck now with hatch near transom

Attachments

• IMG_4149.jpeg
    IMG_4149.jpeg
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_4144.jpeg
    3.5 MB
Ive looked at them but havent "really" thought about them. The more I think about it though it is a great idea. Thanks for reminding me about them.
Man, I love spending other people's money. Years ago, I bought a custom leaning post from them, Birdsall Marine that is. It transformed the back of the boat, (it had a flip-flop cooler seat) and made it so much more enjoyable. Both Birdsall and FR make REALLY nice stuff, though not the cheapest for sure. If you go that route, post up a few pics!

Back