Adding live well

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am adding a live well in the bow of my 1801 I would like to put a though hull drain on the side has anyone done this before?

I a obviously a bit nervous about drilling a hole in the side of my boat, even if it is above the waterline

Lake, Bay or Ocean Boat? Bow is the least stable area on a boat, the water and whatever is inside going to get sloshed about good. Live wells need to drain efficiently , there are simple formulas, the required drain hole could be fairly large. My nickel.

If you are running your livewell inthe bow you will need to have a fully sealed lid and a valve on the drain so that you can pressurize the tank when running. Otherwise it willbe a dead well as mentioned above.

sam

Or, you could plumb another pump in and add a portable tank. I used a 40 gallon Moeller, fill with my wash down pump, and overflow to the floor. You could easily plumb in a livewell pump as well, with a wash down type fitting.
I know the washdown pump is not meant for that, but for 3 or 4 trips a year, it is fine.

Back