Armstrong twin engine aluminum bracket on Parker’s?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southofblock

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2018 Parker 2501 CC, who’s the manufacturer of the aluminum engine bracket (twins)?

Only found stamped into aluminum “H02448-5”

The bracket is well built, appears to be powder or epoxy coated on exterior. No sign of corrosion. Read that, being painted, okay to use copper based ablative bottom paint (Hydrocoat, not ECO) on. Have zinc installed.

Stainless Marine use to make them. Armstrong does now. Do NOT use a Copper based antifoul on alum...... PERIOD! That includes your engine.

1. Are You Painting Over an Aluminum Hull or Sterndrive?​

Never apply an antifouling paint that contains cuprous oxide on an aluminum hull or outdrive. Doing so will result in galvanic corrosion that will damage or even destroy the hull. Instead, select an antifouling paint that contains a compound of zinc, cuprous thiocyanate, or a non-metallic agent, such as ECONEA™ as the biocide. Examples include Vivid (cuprous thiocyanate), Trilux 33 (cuprous thiocyanate) and Hydrocoat ECO (ECONEA).

Copy both, hard No! Will buy can of Trilux today, same as I use on outboards down by the bar zincs. Not worth the risk. Others, and more than a few, have stated that if the aluminum is painted then that is sufficient. Maybe.

Warthog, thank you, I think it might be Stainless Marine. No Armstrong labels anywhere.

From what I remember....... Stainless Marine had stickers on them..... Armstrong did not.... But that really doesn't mean anything. Now Stainless Marine had Pie covers that had multi screws to hold them on. Armstrong uses Their Piehole covers which are superior. I cut the hole larger on my Stainless Marine unit and installed a Armstrong Piehole.

Attachments

• 100_4952.JPG
    100_4952.JPG
    158.1 KB
  • 100_4953.JPG
    100_4953.JPG
    177.7 KB
That helps, bracket has two Armstrong pie plates, which look original. I may contact Parker with HIN to confirm. Need small amount of gel coat too.

I am second owner and bought through a broker, never talked with the seller. I don’t know what bottom paint he used on the bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_0194.jpeg
    IMG_0194.jpeg
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_0193.jpeg
    IMG_0193.jpeg
    2.3 MB
  • IMG_0195.jpeg
    IMG_0195.jpeg
    1.6 MB
Back