Batteries and Bilge pump wiring

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Replacing batteries on my 2019 21SE. No. 2 battery has a green light gauge wire that leaves the bilge area separate from the harness. Is this a ground wire from battery to fuel tank? (thought maybe I saw this on previous discussion). Also before replacement bilge pump would only operate if turned on at the console. I also recall some previous discussion of bilge pump problems other than float switch. Any help appreciated before heading to the marina for parts.

Following forum since buying my Parker. First technical post. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_7984.jpeg
    IMG_7984.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7987.jpeg
    IMG_7987.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7986.jpeg
    IMG_7986.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Green Wire is a "Bonding" wire.....Yes.... It terminates to GND.

As to your bilge pump.... Hard to see what it really is by your pix.

If it's a All in One. It will come on when water is felt around it....... Maybe? I usually rip those out.

Hard to test and also pull your battery down. Replace with 1500 Rule and Rule A Matic PLUS float switch. They have a test switch on them.

I'm not sure if your bilge pump had an automatic feature that had worked sometime prior to replacing the batteries? Hard to tell without looking at your wiring, but I suspect the tan wire (with inline fuse holder) coming off the positive of the battery picture you posted is the constant hot to an automatic sensor/switch on you bilge pump. I would check that fuse.

And I would agree with warthog on the 1500 rule and float switch as a replacement.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if your bilge pump had an automatic feature that had worked sometime prior to replacing the batteries? Hard to tell without looking at your wiring, but I suspect the tan wire (with inline fuse holder) coming off the positive of the battery picture you posted is the constant hot to an automatic sensor/switch on you bilge pump. I would check that fuse.

And I would agree with warthog on the 1500 rule and float switch as a replacement.
Thanks Guys,
Pic of pump is attached. I do have a Rule and Rule Amatic previously pump would kick in if I lifted the handle. There is what might be a fuse case on the wire. Doesn’t look like an inline but maybe a flat auto type. Waiting for the heat here on the MD Eastern Shore to cool down some.

Attachments

• IMG_7990.jpeg
    IMG_7990.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7988.jpeg
    IMG_7988.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
OK Better pix's :) should be easy to test. I still Like the Rule A-Matic PLUS float switch better....It has a cage around it... But as said....The Tan wire with the ATC fuse is the Hot for the switch to operate in a automatic condition.

Back