Elevating motor on bracket and prop question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sea Jay

Reaction score
I have recently re-powered my 2001 2300 dv with a Yamaha 300 with a factory 17-T 151/2 prop. The hull is bottom painted and tops out at 5,500 rpms. Right now the hull doesn’t plane below 25 mph/3,600 rpms and seems happier at 3,900+ rpms. Probably be fine in a lake or river, but that’s a bit faster than I usually want to ride in the ocean. Other members have made detailed recommendations about moving batteries and coolers forward (working on those changes already); not filling the tank with 155 gallons of fuel; 4 bladed props; raising the engine on the bracket; and finally, it sounds like trim tabs may help some what. Attached is a picture of my new engine as installed by the dealer on the original STAINLESS MARINE bracket. Is it possible to tell from the picture if the engine should be raised further? If it should be raised, should I change to a 4 bladed prop before raising engine, or raise engine first?

Attachments

• IMG_6336.jpeg
    IMG_6336.jpeg
    1.5 MB
Back