F115 trim motor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camron

Reaction score
Trim motor failed over the weekend… nice ride back at 6mph lol.

Going to pull the boat to replace it but any reviews on the db electric units? Also anyone ever try a starter alternator repair shop for these? Thinking about giving it a shot.

Thanks
Camron

I use DB trim motors for my customers. The wire ends aren't always correct. Sometimes the wires have terminal ends and the original has a plug. I run the wires into the cowling near the plug and use heat shrink butt splices near the plug. I haven't had to redo one yet (knock on wood). The trim motors themselves have always been correct.

I use DB trim motors for my customers. The wire ends aren't always correct. Sometimes the wires have terminal ends and the original has a plug. I run the wires into the cowling near the plug and use heat shrink butt splices near the plug. I haven't had to redo one yet (knock on wood). The trim motors themselves have always been correct.
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure that db is a decent part sometimes when ordering aftermarket stuff it fails quick.

There are cheaper ones.
I just installed a no frills $50 trim motor from walmart on a very old yammi 90 2 stroke.
Works well, lets see how long it lasts.
Fish on!
Exactly! I can replace about 6 of these before buying one yamaha part haha.

Back