help please

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt

Reaction score
hi i have a new 2024 Parker 21 and on day one the dock line snagged the bow light and ripped it off--I repaired it and it continues to do so until the cap went in the water and I could not find it--see photos Parker said it never happens and will not warranty it--hard to believe this only happened to me--they are ditching me.Anyone have same problem...thanks!!!

Attachments​

• IMG_6764.jpeg
    IMG_6764.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6648.jpeg
    IMG_6648.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

hi i have a new 2024 Parker 21 and on day one the dock line snagged the bow light and ripped it off--I repaired it and it continues to do so until the cap went in the water and I could not find it--see photos Parker said it never happens and will not warranty it--hard to believe this only happened to me--they are ditching me.Anyone have same problem...thanks!!!

Attachments​

• IMG_6764.jpeg
    IMG_6764.jpeg
  • IMG_6648.jpeg
    IMG_6648.jpeg

Honestly, that's a lousy setup. If Parker is placing that light in the center, they should place cleats on each side of boat. That was bound to happen.

Here's a couple of pictures of 2 older 1800s, I guess they needed to save $40

View attachment 40806
View attachment 40807
Or they at least could have installed two line-chocks with the single-cleat set up. But your double-cleat set-up is preferred!

Or they at least could have installed two line-chocks with the single-cleat set up. But your double-cleat set-up is preferred!
Agreed, line chocks would work also. In fact, Matt, once you get your light fixed you should consider adding 2 line chocks to prevent this in the future. Probably a reasonably priced fix.

Attachments​

• IMG_6764.jpeg
    IMG_6764.jpeg
  • IMG_6648.jpeg
    IMG_6648.jpeg
That’s ridiculous that they rigged the boat like that. It was inevitable the bow light was gonna eventually get destroyed by the anchor rhode. I wouldn’t bother fixing the bow light unless you install a couple of these with it because it’s gonna happen again.IMG_4876.jpeg

So I have the same setup as you and I did a few things, first I put in that rope guide like shown before. I attached second picture

Secondly when I am at the dock I clip to the bow eye and then tie to the dock. To me the gunnels and those cleats are too high I like the clipping to the front

Attachments

• IMG_3390.jpeg
    IMG_3390.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0945.png
    IMG_0945.png
    847.2 KB · Views: 0
Just another indication that Parker has lost its way.

Another alternative, if you don’t want to add more hardware and ruin the “smooth” look of the bow, would be to install a pop-up light. I did this on my 1700 when I replaced the two small cleats up front with a larger centerline one, like yours. No issues at all with it hanging up on an anchor or dock like.
D4229F99-94FE-4DED-816D-3CB06A638F48.jpegF654ADDE-22F4-4F0A-8C21-1CD38A0BF7CF.jpeg
The two small cleats in the second picture were later removed, but that’s what it looks like in the “up” position.

Honestly, that's a lousy setup. If Parker is placing that light in the center, they should place cleats on each side of boat.

It's how you make a boat cheaper to recoupe your money after the buyout.

Chocks are a Great idea...Problem is....You can't thru bolt them. No way to get to the backside.

Attachments​

• IMG_6764.jpeg
    IMG_6764.jpeg
  • IMG_6648.jpeg
    IMG_6648.jpeg
I have a 1999 23 Deep Vee and a 2001 2801 deep vee. Both are outstanding boats. I would not buy a Parker since Correct Craft bought them. The older boats are outstanding and Correct Craft is in there for the cash and riding the Parker name.

It's how you make a boat cheaper to recoupe your money after the buyout.

Chocks are a Great idea...Problem is....You can't thru bolt them. No way to get to the backside.
My marina found a way to put a chock with a backing plate. I have a trolling motor on my bow so I can’t have the anchor rope go to one side of the bow

Back