How strong is a Parker pilot house roof

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Ronnie

Reaction score
Lifting tuna or other large fish, has anyone wrapped a strap around the rocket launcher (at the base where it bolts to the roof) attached a block and tackle and hoisted a big fish aboard this way ?
Yesterday I did this lifting a 400-450 lb tuna's head over into the boat, while I had the tail, tail roped and cleated off tight at the stern.
Anyone else tried something like this?
I don't have a jin pole or tuna door so gotta be creative !

Take some of the money from that fish that you caught and have someone fab you a ginpole like this. This cost me $300. It fits nicely on the 23' step.

Attachments

• 6small.jpg
    6small.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,829
  • 8small.jpg
    8small.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,829
Here on the Jersey shore I fabricated a special hoist to move a 300lbs man, errrr.... tuna from the cockpit to the drink. I can send you pics

Just kidding! Crazy fish guys.......

Phil":1rt9e4o0 said:
Take some of the money from that fish that you caught and have someone fab you a ginpole like this. This cost me $300. It fits nicely on the 23' step.

I used the block & tackle on my 400+lb fish last week with no problems!
And having someone fab one for me is not necessary as I do fabrication work myself!
Maybe next boat (soon)
I've out grown my 2320 and don't plant to sink any more $ into it that I will never see a return on if I sell it or trade it towards a 2820!
If Parker would do a diesel inboard on the 2830 I would make the deal in a minute!

I stand (250 lbs) on the hard top of my 2510 quite often...mostly in the late fall to install the frame for the winter cover, and again in the spring to remove it. It is a fairly substantial hard top...no give at all.

Capt. Ronnie":1dcvs0v7 said:
If Parker would do a diesel inboard on the 2830 I would make the deal in a minute!

Maybe they would... if you called and spoke with the right person.
252-728-5621

I have a tower on the roof of my 2320 and we usually have a guy up there all day long when searching for tuna and have not had any problems.

Attachments

• parker.jpg
    parker.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,693
The pilothouse is offset inward and too short. Any sizeable fish would be dragged on the rubrail and over the gunnels damaging some of the meat. This could be the $5/lb difference between a domestic fish and one that goes to Japan. A ginpole would pay for itself many fold on the first fish. Besides, ginpoles and elec winches are cool...

Maybe you could adapt a davit as a fish-hauler?
This one is lightweight, but they are available in a number of larger sizes.

175Crane.jpg

Phil.(or anyone who has done something similar)..do you have any pics of the top of your ginpole?

We are looking to do something similar, but have some heigth restrictions.
thanks

Capt. Ronnie":2sbme3kz said:
Phil":2sbme3kz said:

I used the block & tackle on my 400+lb fish last week with no problems!
And having someone fab one for me is not necessary as I do fabrication work myself!
Maybe next boat (soon)
I've out grown my 2320 and don't plant to sink any more $ into it that I will never see a return on if I sell it or trade it towards a 2820!

I will probably get kicked off the forum for saying this but C-Hawk is advertising a 29' Diesel well equiped for $85500.00@ Pully's Marine.

38 MPH top speed
Cruise @ 29 MPH
10 Gal Hr Fuel Consumption
320 HP Cummings Turbo Diesel

Not Bad! Alot Cheaper than a 2820 and better fuel economy. Somthing to think about.

Back