IPOD dock on new Parkers.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crbfisher

Reaction score
First of all, I am a guy who threw his hands up and stopped trying to keep up with technology a few years ago. That being said my new 2010 2500 SE came with a stereo that is "IPOD ready" I have heard that IPODS are not designed to be in a rocking environment when playing. I want to buy an ipod since the radio reception is horrible. Now someone at the apple store just told me that the newest ipods will probably not be compatible with the ipod dock on my boat....WTF Does anyone out the have any insight on this. :shock:

The cable for the iPod and the iPhone are the same, and should also be the same for the iPod Touch.
Not certain about the Nano, but I'm assuming they are all the same connector.

Having said that, I have not looked at the most recent iPods to see if anything has changed.

As for the iPod not standing up to the rocking in marine use... a non-issue.
If you can strap one to your arm and go for a run without issue, a little boat rocking isn't going to be an issue either.

it depends on the dock. what will probably happen is, if its an old dock (i.e. one manufactured before the new iTouch, iPhone, new Nano, etc came out) it will most likely be able to read your music off the device, but not charge the iPod or have any interface other than playing the music. without seeing how the system works, its hard for me to say. however, what you could do if you dont already have an iPod and are looking to get one is buy a used, older Nano or similar model that would be compatible with your unit. it'd work just as well, and you can get them pretty cheap as the kids trade up each christmas season or so :roll: as for the rolling, like Kevin said its a non-issue. i use mine on the boat all the time. never had any problem at all.

You can also use a plain old "aux" input cable like this one:
517wME8uxWL._SS400_.jpg

You can get them at any audio or electronics store for under $5 usually.

Most stereos with dock connectors (for USB input) will also have an "aux" connection, either on the front face panel, or coming off the back side of the unit.

Back