little help....what to buy ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodie

Reaction score
I'm sure I want to buy a Parker but not sure about:

2520 or 2530 ????

mod V or deep V ????

single 250 or twin 150's ???

Little help,

Thanks.

jodie":3ftd4yss said:
I'm sure I want to buy a Parker but not sure about:

2520 or 2530 ????

mod V or deep V ????

single 250 or twin 150's ???

Little help,

Thanks.

What do you plan to use the boat for? Where?

Hey Jodie,

Welcome to the tough question club! I just finished my initiation. Finally decided to by a mod vee, 2520 XL with a single 225 Yamaha 4S. Tough choice. My fishing is around Block Island and modest offshore from there. Really the only big question for me was deep vee vs mod vee. In the end I decided to go with the mod vee to get better fuel economy and a bit more stable platform at low speeds. I'm not a "gotta go fast" guy. I think with replacement trim tabs (12 x 24 Bennetts instead of the standard 12 x 12 Lenco) I'll be fine in the conditions that usually go out in. That means max 2'-4' trough to crest and winds no more than 15-20 mph. But I'm ready to go 15 to 20 knots when conditions dictate. I talked to Yamaha and they recommend that I drop an inch or two on the prop to allow the motor to run about 4800 at those speeds.

The 225 Yamaha gives me all the speed I want (can use!). If I had bought a deep vee I would have wanted the twin 150s for the modest extra security when going offshore far enough that VHF reception is questionable. But, I'm not going there so it really wasn't an important consideration.

I picked the 2520 XL because I definitely wanted the larger cabin but I wouldn't have picked the 2530 if one had been available because I wasn't willing to give up the last 20" in the cockpit.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Tom

Thanks for all the info.......

I looking @ used with a budget of about 55 to 60k total.

I'll be using it on the west coast out of San Fransisco area that means Santa Cruz, out the gate and Bodega Bay for Tuna 70 miles out (one way)

There was a pretty nice Parker (25, I think) on bloodydecks.com. A West Coast boat. You might check there.

Back