Prop Help 2019 2520XLD With Twin 200XCAs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antidote

Reaction score
The engines are on the third hole of four and when I'm trimmed out (8-9 bars on the YDS) I can reach 6000 rpm and the anti-cavitation plates are on top of the water. I get up to 52 MPH with no cavitation. She will scoot pretty well. I typically cruise trimmed to 4-5 bars @ 3800 RPM gives me 30 MPH and 2.1-2.4 MPG. Sounds perfect right? The problem I'm having is the stern is so heavy on these boats. If I'm in rough seas at 3000 rpm it will fall off a plane and drop to <18 mph. The props I have are 18 pitch 14 1/4 Reliance. I believe they are standard hubs. They have the plate between the hub and the prop nut; but, they don't have the keyway that I believe the SDS hubs have and they rattle the boat from idle to about 800 rpm.

Ok, so now for my questions. Will props that lift the stern prevent her from falling off plane? What props/hubs will lift the stern and/or stop the rattle?

Thanks and Happy New Decade!!!

I have trim tabs and I know how to use them. Lol. That was meant to be funny; but; I do have them. I don’t have permatrims and I really don’t want them. I emailed Ken we are working on a four blade prop that should do what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go fishing with the guys. I go to the sandbar with the ladies. That’s no joke.

I would try the four blades, and if they don’t work out better for you, then I would definitely install permatrims. I have twin 150’s and can plane down as low as 17 mph. I know the only thing holding you back from permatrims are probably the drilling of holes in the cavitation plate. I would feel the same way, but fortunately my boat had them installed on them when I bought it. I was going to take them off because I didn’t know anything about them and thought why would those be needed? But after talking to several Parker owners, they all ended up installing Permatrims and were very pleased with the results. As for the props you’re running now, I tried out Reliance 18’s and they were the perfect pitch but they rattled the boat like hell at idle. They were SDS props. I don’t troll at idle with them so this didn’t bother me much as I use a kicker motor, but I came across a pair of 17’s Reliance without the SDS and they have no rattle at idle and great hole shot. Keep us updated on what props you go with! I’ve been curious on how well some Rev4’s would do along with permatrims.

I ordered Powertech SCE4 which are 14” x 17pitch from Ken at Prop Gods. He has a great reputation. If something isn’t what I expected he will exchange the props for a reasonable fee.

Yes, Ken emailed me a few weeks ago as I emailed him for some prop information last year and he had limited information on the 2520 (with twins) so I provided him all the info I had from testing out the Reliance props and motor height. I wonder if it was you he was talking to when he emailed me? Lol

Ken nailed it. Engines all the way in, no trim tabs, I never loose sight of the horizon on the hole shot. Cruise I gained 1 mph for the same power setting and fuel burn. Top speed I lost 1 MPH.

https://youtu.be/oT5DWUcpMKw

Update 4 years later. The power techs have been great. I did have a fuel burn Vs. RPM issue. I sent the props back to PowerTech and they claimed to have matched them. Nothing changed. I pulled them again and sent them to Tyler Dominey in Brunswick GA. Holy smokes. These props are on the money now. Matched RPM, fuel burn within 1/10th of a gallon per hour. 5800 rom WOT. Still no Permatrims.

@Antidote
Could you give me some speed and fuel burn numbers?
Curious to see what you’re burning at in that 4000-5000 RPM range.
I have been wondering about 4 blade props on my 2520DV with a custom full width pod and twin 150s. Currently I’m running a set of Honda
14 3/4 x 17 props. Overall pretty happy with them but I feel like I could have a better cruise with 4 blades.

I run around 4500-4700 RPM for 25-27kts @ 17-20 GPH depending on load.
my motors are older Verado’s so they drink the fuel no matter what..

Attachments

• IMG_6589.jpeg
    IMG_6589.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6450.jpeg
    IMG_6450.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Back