Loading boat on trailer.....question?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepCParker

Reaction score
I have a 2520 with a roller trailer. (Sealion) Does anyone have any guidelines as to how far it should be lowered into the water for boat loading/unloading. I 've heard the trailer should be 3/4 of the way in.????? I've had a problem hitting the lower bottom part of the trailer with my keel. Also, any ideas of how far the winch post should be from the tongue. I purchased this boat used, trying to get everything right. Pictures would also help. Thanks again!

Jakub

I had the same problem until i properly fixed my trailer.. I put a hole in my keel so I decided to remove the bunks and add a keel guide bunk from front to rear. I also Added a bunk beside it and 2 bunks for the rear .. Now you can't load it wrong if you try .. As how far to back it in .. As far as you got to depending on the ramp.. this is why I made the change some ramps are steep and other with big current. Not sure if this is right for you but It works great for my use, Most time I am loadin alone . Also i added 1 inch poly to top of bunks to make it slide on the keel. I back it in just to almost cover the fenders

Back