Member from NH

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

langski93

Reaction score
I have been an inactive member for a long time. I have always liked Parker, but I own a good boat who's manufacturer is well known for wooden transoms and rot. Ok, the boat is now 24 years old so I cant complain, just time to move on. I had my eye out for a Parker CC and orders from the Admiral came down clearing the way for a new or late model purchase. Now that I am in a position for this I am looking at the cabin models and reminding myself that I am not getting any younger and maybe a nice warm cabin would extend my season. I'm sure I will figure it out.

I have a question for those who boat and fish out of the Buzzards Bay to Narragansett area. A fair amount of fisherman travel to the Cape from my area pretty regularly, which is a hair less than 2 hours for me and some travel an extra half hour or so. I could see myself doing the same, but there are no slip or mooring availability. Probably not news to anyone here. There is probably some boat on trailer storage, with a hook up and launch on arrival. I have done that for many years in Portsmouth NH and its time for a change. A neighbor told me slips are readily available in Rhode Island. Can this be true? Google maps shows 1 hour and 58 minutes from my house to Pawtuxet Cove Marina (chosen completely at random). Does this sound reasonable to anyone else? If it does I'd welcome any suggestions for Marinas to call/visit. I don't need anything fancy, Thanks for your help everyone. My next post will be discussing the pros and cons of different Parker models. Its much more interesting. Langski93

Welcome! In a prior life, I had a cabin cruiser that I kept in Narragansett Bay, Warwick RI. It's a huge bay, easy drive to Block Island, striper fishing. Alot of marinas to choose from (I was in Greenwitch Bay Marina, now Brewers I think, near Chello's restaurant). After that, I switched to a CC, kept it in various places including Great Bay Marina in NH. My favorite spot was always Portland ME though (I'd trailer there from NH). Fishing, island camping, etc.

Although I have since moved to Florida, I still bought a 2120SC (after Hurricane Ian sunk my CC). It's nice to be out of the sun and it does actually get chilly here in the winter, so the cabin keeps me nice & warm. For you up there in NH, absolutely a cabin. You'll extend your boating season by at least a month in both the Spring & Fall. Good luck with your decision, I think you'll be happy with any Parker choice you make.

Latest posts

Back