Minimum operating depth for 2320 SC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm curious to know what the minimum depth other 2320 SC owners have operated in. Our one-and-only local usable ramp has an ongoing problem with shoaling at the exit point for the ramp. That shoal/mudflat is probably about 10 to 15 feet wide. I've successfully come to the ramp when it shows a 3.0 foot depth per my sonar in a 1.5 foot low tide. This morning I just saw a Parker stranded in the mud at a minus 1.4 foot tide. I can do the math and realize that wasn't going to work, but for people not regularly using that ramp, that's a pretty sad thing.

Taking into account the problem of potentially sucking mud up into the motor, what's the minimum depth anyone has been able to navigate without problems?

I'm curious to know what the minimum depth other 2320 SC owners have operated in. Our one-and-only local usable ramp has an ongoing problem with shoaling at the exit point for the ramp. That shoal/mudflat is probably about 10 to 15 feet wide. I've successfully come to the ramp when it shows a 3.0 foot depth per my sonar in a 1.5 foot low tide. This morning I just saw a Parker stranded in the mud at a minus 1.4 foot tide. I can do the math and realize that wasn't going to work, but for people not regularly using that ramp, that's a pretty sad thing.

Taking into account the problem of potentially sucking mud up into the motor, what's the minimum depth anyone has been able to navigate without problems?
Hi Mark, you asked minimum depth to 'navigate without problems', with your 2320; we have a 2520 XLD that's listed as 18" draft. Your 2320 lists as a 15" draft. For practical purpose, 3 inch difference is not a factor so I'll offer an opinion. When running slow/displacement-speed (as you would around the ramp you mentioned) I've occasionally run in as low as around 2.5 feet of water with the motor raised; soft mud or sand; no hard/rock bottom and with no wind/wave-action. (There's a lot less control with the motor raised, and wind/wave-action/boat wakes can turn 2.5 feet of water into zero feet!) I don't regularly run in water this shallow, as I don't want the mud/sand sucked through the engine/water pump. In our area there is debris/logs/ghost-pots and such on the bottom as an additional hazard. When running on plane, unless I know the area very well, I don't like to plane in anything less than 5 feet. In our area 4'-5' of water, with dead-head logs, cypress stumps (some huge; 10'-12' in diameter) and ghost-pots are an additional hazard.

Last edited:
Hi Mark, you asked minimum depth to 'navigate without problems', with your 2320; we have a 2520 XLD that's listed as 18" draft. Your 2320 lists as a 15" draft. For practical purpose, 3 inch difference is not a factor so I'll offer an opinion. When running slow/displacement-speed (as you would around the ramp you mentioned) I've occasionally run in as low as around 2.5 feet of water with the motor raised; soft mud or sand; no hard/rock bottom and with no wind/wave-action. (There's a lot less control with the motor raised, and wind/wave-action/boat wakes can turn 2.5 feet of water into zero feet!) I don't regularly run in water this shallow, as I don't want the mud/sand sucked through the engine/water pump. In our area there is debris/logs/ghost-pots and such on the bottom as an additional hazard. When running on plane, unless I know the area very well, I don't like to plane in anything less than 5 feet. In our area 4'-5' of water, with dead-head logs, cypress stumps (some huge; 10'-12' in diameter) and ghost-pots are an additional hazard.
Thanks, Andy, that helps. I was wondering if I could push it to 2 feet or a little less, but then again, risking messing up my motor isn't really worth it. I'll just work with the tides. At least I'm fortunate in that our bay has a clear bottom, and the shallowest water I have to run in is about 8 feet.

Back