My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never noticed a lower operating temperature. I want to say it stays around 138 degrees or so while cruising. I don’t have the exact number off hand as Im more concerned about the temperature of my beer! In all seriousness, I don’t think it’s an issue. I also change motor and lower unit oil once every spring and don’t notice any evidence of moisture. We also use the boat all winter long and everything seems to be fine!

Glad you enjoyed it. This boat has traveled. When I bought it....The original owner was in Maine.......I brought it to Pensacola,Fl.........Now it lives in Sitka, Alaska, with it's new owner.
Just wondering if there is a signup sheet to be the proud owner of the next warthog project!
I‘m looking forward to my first Parker as well as the release of the warthog how to guide. Thanks so much for this post it is a great read and a wealth of information.

My brother Mike says I should right a book.....I'm not really interested in that.

No boats in my foreseeable future. I'm building a Hot Rod......But I'm helping a little on my buddies boat....Fixing to put a Rodan 36V on it with a single 36V battery. That's my ride to get to the fish. Custom built boat from scratch.

I'm still doing electrical for others.

100_4319.jpg

Old Hatch Removed.

100_4320.jpg

Lay out the lines.

100_4321.jpg

Put the saw to it.

100_4322.jpg

Test fit the Frame and mark the screw holes.

100_4323.jpg

Drill all the holes to 5/8in with a Fostner bit. This creates a Flat bottom hole.

100_4324.jpg

Holes will be backfilled with Epoxy/Cabisol, then redrilled and the frame beded.

100_4325.jpg
WH5, I saw this post a few years back and liked your very thorough approach to discouraging moisture intrusion. Unfortunately I had already installed my newest hatch. I have two hatches similar to the size of yours and one smaller, all by Bomar. I’m about to refinish the deck so I’ve removed the hatches and about to apply your method.
QUESTIONS:
• Did you use typical wood screws?
• Did you apply any sealer IN the hole before installing the screw?
• Did you, or have you found the epoxy/cabisol material too brittle?
• Any other insights before I begin?

Thanks for this, and all your informative posts.

I see this thread popped up again. :)

You can see the extensive modification that Sitkabrett has done to the boat now. Modified from fishing the Gulf Coast to fishing Alaska.

QUESTIONS:
• Did you use typical wood screws? Oval Stainless screws
• Did you apply any sealer IN the hole before installing the screw? Yes a dab on the threads
• Did you, or have you found the epoxy/cabisol material too brittle? Done a LOT of this and never found it to Brittle with the CORRECT size pilot hole
• Any other insights before I begin? None that come to mind

I see this thread popped up again. :)

You can see the extensive modification that Sitkabrett has done to the boat now. Modified from fishing the Gulf Coast to fishing Alaska.
WH5, I saw this post a few years back and liked your very thorough approach to discouraging moisture intrusion. Unfortunately I had already installed my newest hatch. I have two hatches similar to the size of yours and one smaller, all by Bomar. I’m about to refinish the deck so I’ve removed the hatches and about to apply your method.
QUESTIONS:
• Did you use typical wood screws?
• Did you apply any sealer IN the hole before installing the screw?
• Did you, or have you found the epoxy/cabisol material too brittle?
• Any other insights before I begin?

Thanks for this, and all your informative posts.
WH5
Thanks for your response, your original instructions were clear. I just wanted to be sure I did it just as you had done.

When it comes to boat work you’re obviously better than the average Bear. Thanks for sharing your experience and often creative approach.

Latest posts

Back