Navonics for Android

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked it, But.................. No course up sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miky2884":962783xv said:
TURN THE PHONE UPSIDE DOWN
:lol: I wish that would do it but its a iphone and it just corrects the screen no matter which way you turn it.

I have the iphone also, i phone 4 and when i turn the phone upside down the screen rotates to course up, not sure why mine does and yours doesn't?????

miky2884":13wal84y said:
I have the iphone also, i phone 4 and when i turn the phone upside down the screen rotates to course up, not sure why mine does and yours doesn't?????
I got the iphone 4 also, I reread your post and i thought you were just turning it form up and down to sideways, will try the upside down way next outing! Thanks!

Yea it should do the trick for you, i used it last night and it worked, good luck

miky2884":2z2fow3p said:
TURN THE PHONE UPSIDE DOWN
Not very practical with a tablet device in a secure holder with DC power source attached.

The android version of Navionics allows route planning and tracking, so for me having only a north up view is not such a big deal. Besides, I always use a 2nd chartplotter in unfamiliar waters and it has a course up view available.

However, tracking gets turned off if you check the distance between your position and another point. I need to be careful with this if I want to save my tracks or follow the current track home.

Does the iphone version of Navionics have route planning and tracking capabilities? Can you overlay currents?

ok I tried it today on my iphone, by turning it upside down and holding it flat it will work in a course up direction if you hold it up in any direction its not course up. I can deal with this as a back up if my plotter goes down, But is not easy to view when its flat.

Here's a heads up on the Navionics Mobile apps for android devices. I have been wanting to purchase Marine: US East and couldn't find any of the Navionics apps on Android Market. I finally called Navionics US and talked to a Customer Service Rep. She said that all the Navionics apps were removed from Android Market last Friday due to some problems with their agreement(s) with Canada (Canadian Hydrographic Service?). I asked when they might be back on Android Market and she said that a date hasn't yet been determined.

This does not apply to Navionics Mobile apps for iPhone or iPad.

Back