Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd Young

Reaction score
Hello to the collective.
I am based on the East Coast of the UK.
Having recently sold a sail boat, I am looking at purchasing a 1976 Parker 24 in GRP. I believe the model is a Fisherman, and the size of the deck space would certainly lend itself to this.
I am however, finding any information impossible to find.
This boat is in need of love and attention, but I am feeling the effort will be all worthwhile.
If there are any pointers available from this site, I would be most grateful.
If the purchase goes ahead, it is my intention to post pictures and write up's of now, during and completion of the work.
Wish me luck guys, we all know the possible pain awaiting me...

Hello to the collective.
I am based on the East Coast of the UK.
Having recently sold a sail boat, I am looking at purchasing a 1976 Parker 24 in GRP. I believe the model is a Fisherman, and the size of the deck space would certainly lend itself to this.
I am however, finding any information impossible to find.
This boat is in need of love and attention, but I am feeling the effort will be all worthwhile.
If there are any pointers available from this site, I would be most grateful.
If the purchase goes ahead, it is my intention to post pictures and write up's of now, during and completion of the work.
Wish me luck guys, we all know the possible pain awaiting me...
Hi Lloyd, welcome to Classic Parker! Is the boat you're looking at the one with the dark blue hull and wood framing around the windshields? (see photo below). If so, I don't know if it is actually a 'Linwood Parker', Parker. (One site mentions it is a 'full displacement' hull, not a planeing hull; meaning not likely a Parker from Beaufort NC.) Also, it might be why there is so little information available about it on the web. (might there have been other Parker boat companies? Maybe one in the UK?). According to his 'bio' Linwood Parker started building, mostly wood, mostly small commercial fishing boats in the early 1970's and transitioned to the 'modern fiber-glass' models we are familiar with in 1979. It's not to say the 1976 model you are looking at is not one of his early experiments/models. One site I saw mentioned it had a Perkins Diesel engine. It's not likely that would be the original motor from a 1976 model, and I'd guess it's not likely to be a factory original if it came from Parker Boats in Beaufort, NC..... None the less, we will all keep searching (we are a curious bunch here! ☺) and again, welcome to Classic Parker. I have visited the UK on five occasions (once in and around Dover); beautiful boating area when the English Channel is not in a rage! ☺
EDIT; Update. If this is the Parker you are looking at, it is a Frederick Parker/Warsash. Not a Parker from Beaufort, NC. Here's a link to more information and details about the boat;
https://hamble.boatshed.com/parker_24_fisherman-boat-7300.html

1720101098610.png

Last edited:
Back