Parker 1801 repower

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longislandfish

Reaction score
Looking for feedback from those who choose the 140 zuke over the 150 Yamaha or mercury.

Long story, have asked this question before, would like more power for cruise speeds and extra weight onboard. Love my boat and want to keep it so would like to replace my F115 with the right motor.

First choice was the merc pro xs 150 at 470lbs but it will run me around 20k and the props could be an issue costing upwards or 1200!!

Yamaha has advantages with using existing harness and gauges but cost is same and financing is ok as well as the new extended warranty

Zuke 140 is just a 115 block with some tuning but the dealer gave me 2 digital gauges with flyby wire rigged and all for 17.5 out the door. Said it will blow my current motor out of the water.

The zuke 150 is way too heavy for me at 530lbs and 3k more.

Any opinions here would be good. Price point is also factor, and flyby wire with the larger gear case is nice. I don’t need to go 50mph I would like to cruise at 28-30mph though around 4500 rpm’s

I don’t need to go 50mph I would like to cruise at 28-30mph though around 4500 rpm’s

You will have No problem with that with the DF 140B Suzzy.

First... I have a different boat. 2072 SeaArk. Big Jonboat /centerconsole. 6 batteries onboard... No T top.

I was wanting a DF140BG G indicates a Fly by wire. Then I changed my mind and go with the DF140B... Non Fly by wire and analog tach w/idiot lights. In White . $13406.00 OUT the Door. High Cotton Marine - Jay,Fl. I saved $2K by going there and Not buying intown. Jay,Fl is a Lil hick / country town, in the Fl. panhandle Real close to Al. line.

With a 3x14x21 prop.... It will cruise @ 28mph - 4000RPM.

I pulled a Very good running '08 Yamaha 90 2 stroke Off.... To put the Suzzy on. This makes my 6th different Suzzy. I would not even consider a "BLACK" merc engine. Those are sold up North... And have a much lesser value here.

At Cruise with the 2 Stroke Yamaha it was getting 3.5MPG...... The Suzzy at same speed went to 6.8mpg.

Why did I change my mind on the Fly by wire? It's just not needed on a small boat and $$$$ saving's.

The fact that your looking at a possible 3 different enginges tells me you don't understand how different a Suzzy is.

Lower gear ratio than any other manufacture... Done thru offset crankshaft / Driveshaft. What does that mean? It swings a Larger prop... Larger prop... More Bite.

Timing chain that runs in a oil Bath.... No timing belt.

My experience has been they are quieter and cheaper than Yamaha. You've already looked up the weight difference's.

Back