Parker 21 SV mid 90's

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelagicman

Reaction score
I need some help from the experts and owners here. I am looking at a 21' Parker "shallow V" and want to know if the mid 90' design has been changed in today's hull.

Also would like some insight from owners of 21 SV models about the ride: good weather, moderate chop, 3 to 4s? Those are the most likely conditions that I face here in NC coastal (south) waters. Is this boat comfortable for 4 men/women to fish? Are trim tabs a worthwhile option on this boat and if so what do you folks recommend? Another question is the freeboard sufficient for supervised grand kids 5 to 12 yo for island beach hopping in this SV configuration?

I have been boating in larger boats 26+ and recent years an 18' runabout. I want to get back to fishing at our coast and have been looking for a suitable Parker for a while now. I am not up for slam and splash punishment must be I have aged up nor is my wife who I hope to get bsck as a fishing partner with a "new" boat. Do not know this boat except by reputation and that is great!

This site is just fantastic with wonderful contributors and superb information. I would feel very comfortable with the advice and experience offered here.

Thanks in advance for input on this decision process.

Freeboard is plenty fine for the kids. Had the 21 Se and now the 23se and the wife and I always took our 3 kids every time. Just make sure the life jackets are on...

On the 21SE, you would really want to have the tabs.

Its a great boat, but you would not enjoy it in the 3 to 4 footers that you mention.

Back