Permatrim - looking for feedback

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We love the Permatrim's on our 2520 XLD here in Southern California. They smooth out the ride in rough chop, especially when we head out in to on coming swells with moderate prevailing NW winds. See the attached photo of a rare glassy ride home from Catalina Island. Cheers, Kadman
Did you find it produced more bow steering when coming home from the islands with following seas?

Switching from a Pathfinder to the new 2500 SE, my 4 blade on my Pathfinder work perfectly at slow speeds and top end was 55 mph.
Preference would be to prop the boat for the performance you want, and not drill into a LU.

Admiral/C&B Propeller is one of the largest propeller shops in the USA and the only full service propeller shop and marine machine shop in Tampa Bay.
Worth giving them a call and they can help you out!

Follow the provided instructions. Use 5200 slow cure on all contact areas. Hand tighten/snug bolts. Clean up with good quality rags and paint thinner.

Wait a week for 5200 to cure to avoid wash out. Never an issue with top or bottom mount.
What size bolts did you use for this 12-24?

Did you find it produced more bow steering when coming home from the islands with following seas?
Hi Pants, We have not noticed bow steering when coming home from the islands. As divers, our boat is usually loaded with 12 steel tanks, weight belts, 120lbs of ice, 4 divers, etc. We like to surf home from Catalina and Santa Cruz Island. Sometimes the ocean conditions can be unfavorable, but the boat handles it fine with the Permatrims and the Trim Tabs. I have added Permatrims to all of my boats over the last 22 years.
1993 Robalo 1820 with Merc 150
2004 Parker 2320 SLD with Yamaha 225
2008 Parker 2520 SLD with Yamaha 250
2012 Nouvurania with Yamaha 50
2008 Parker 2520 XLD with Twin Yamaha 150's

I ran into the guy who bought my Robalo at the launch ramp in Long Beach. At the time the boat was 25 years old and the Permatrim was still being used without issue. I thought that was pretty amazing as the boat still had the original Merc engine.

Good luck with your decision. Cheers, Kadman

I added perma trims this week to a 2501dv with twin 150s can’t wait to try it out. I’m very surprised to hear the permatrims are breaking bolts, I had seacat with twin 140s I put Davis whale tails on and never had a issue, the Davis uses no sealant and only 4 bolts

The bolt-breaking is weird. I would think the force would be upward on the rear. Was there any sign of crevice corrosion on the broken ends? It the the reason non-bedded SS hardware can rust, since the stainless can replenish the oxide layer. If there is rust, ever, metal has been lost. I am not a metallurgist, but a missionary to the issue once a smart friend clued me in.

3-s2.0-B978008101928300001X-f01-11-9780081019283.jpg

Back