Porta bracket

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tgunn

Reaction score
Has anyone put a porta bracket or a longer (12”) jack plate on a 23 se? I’m hoping to glass in the transom and install one. Seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on this

The answer is No. What is your goal?

I went to Porta Brackets site. $5000 unit.

You said 12in aft and enclose the transom....Thats not enough room to tilt the engine... On Porta Brackets site... They talk about 20" to 32in set back and also have 32" to 36".

Porta Bracket supplies ZERO flotation to offset moving 550lbs aft..... Like a Armstrong does with it's flotation chamber.

This "Can" cause problems with deck scuppers and having a wet deck.

The answer is No. What is your goal?

I went to Porta Brackets site. $5000 unit.

You said 12in aft and enclose the transom....Thats not enough room to tilt the engine... On Porta Brackets site... They talk about 20" to 32in set back and also have 32" to 36".

Porta Bracket supplies ZERO flotation to offset moving 550lbs aft..... Like a Armstrong does with it's flotation chamber.

This "Can" cause problems with deck scuppers and having a wet deck.
main reason is wife wanting an enclosed transom for the toddlers, but I also like the enclosed transom (coming from a 25 se that we currently own) and think the jack plate or Porta bracket would really optimize the hull for inshore fishing.

You see a lot of sea crafts, privateers, aqua sports that get converted from notched to closed transom. But almost never see Parker’s.

I’m hoping someone out there has done it and can tell me if it worked.

Latest posts

Back