Pros and cons of 2810 parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandMan_Disney

Reaction score
I currently have a 2310 2014 walk around parker boat with a single engine. I was thinking about upgrading to a 2810 parker boat with twin engines, but was curious what other people though about their boat before I purchase one. Is there anything 2810 parker owners love or dislike about their boat?

Last edited:
I moved from a year 2003 2300 with a single Yamaha 225 to a year 2005 2510 with twin 225's and love it. There is a ton more room in the cockpit for trolling which is what we do the most of up here on Lake Erie. Also room in the cabin for safely storing gear. It is a much heavier rig and handles much better. I was debating whether to get the 2810 but found the 25 footer is plenty big. The extra 12" on the beam makes a lot of difference.

I just bought a 2018 2810XLD. I pick it up in March/April. Had a 23 for many years. Looking forward to giving feedback

I just bought a 2018 2810XLD. I pick it up in March/April. Had a 23 for many years. Looking forward to giving feedback
I just found my last post from 2021 when I was picking up my 2810XLD. After 2 seasons, I can say that I enjoy the boat even more now that I have had some experience cruising and fishing in various conditions. Some thoughts: Does it pound a little and come down hard if I don't pay attention to speed and trim? Yes. But with experience, you learn how to minimize uncomfortable motion. We all know it's not a deep V on a knife's edge and that's OK, the stability payoff is worth it if you're serious about fishing with 3 or 4 guys on one side. Cockpit space is outstanding and for a 28 footer and the boat feels super substantial in a rough ocean. The cuddy allows for those high standing inlet waves to wash over the bow and spill right back into the water. No need to stay at the dock when the inlet looks impassable for a small boat.
Some negatives: The ergonomics of the helm and throttle position are not great, especially for a tall person. Storage bins inside the edges of the cuddy are almost impossible to reach inside (VERY hard to clean). The rear facing seats get water logged in the rain so custom covers are a must. The cabin leaks so the carpet needs to be cleaned and dried periodically to avoid mold. I need to identify how the water is getting in. The deck hatch over the batteries lets a little water in. The trim tabs could work better.
Overall, I'm very happy with the boat. I can take 3 guys out fishing with me and there is extra space. The boat is a tank in the ocean and does feels much bigger than a 28. I find the cuddy to be better than a pilot house since I can seal it up tight quickly on cold days and then have it nice and open on hot ones. So many possibilities.

Back