Q on ice maker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope Im posting this in the right place. Im in the market for an ice maker, looking at manitowoc 214a or similar. Makes 200lbs per day, stores around 80lbs. Anyone have any tips for buying ice makers? Any idea how much this or a similar unit costs to run per month with moderate use (maybe using 300 or so lbs per week) I would think it could pay for itself in a season or two.

Thanks.

Both of my daughters played club lacrosse at one time. We would have three day tournaments each weekend of June and July except for the 4th. We burned though ice. I bought a unit probably one size smaller than yours (60# storage) and love it. We usually have ice and it is so convenient. I am sad to say we have run out before though. Saved a lot of time and made going easier. Never saved any money due to I use to get my ice at the local fire house. One of the perks of being the Chief.

We still have the ice maker and find it super convenient for parties, summer, pool, etc. I load up my cooler to go fishing and even pull ice from the machine in advance and put it in a large chest freezer when I think 60#'s is not going to be enough.

As far as what it costs, I have no idea but I never noticed a spike in the electric bill and I did watch for it.

I hope this helps.

I keep three 2 1/2 gallon buckets of water frozen in my garage bait freezer. These blocks of ice last 2 days in the boat cooler and are also a lifesaver during power failures at home.

Back