Questions about the 1800

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyb

Reaction score
I currently have my Shamrock for sale and am browsing for a smaller CC that's better capable of fishing inshore around Charleston. I've had a possible trade offer come up on a 1990 1800 with the original Yamaha v4 115 precision blend. I don't know if the owner is on this site, but he very well may be. Also, some on here may know the boat as it is in Beaufort, NC and I think has spent its whole life in Beaufort. I've tried to do some searching but am coming up with few results to my specific questions.

First question is fuel burn. What kind of fuel burn can I expect from this motor? I'm going to assume the 1/2 the stated HP at cruise guide for 2 strokes, so I'm thinking 6-7-ish GPH at cruise, and 11-12 GPH at WOT. Does that sound reasonable? And what does that approximately relate to in MPG for this boat/motor combo? All of my search results have yielded info for 4 strokes and the 1801.

Second question relates to the size comparisons of this model. I think I've been on an 1800 before, but it was 7-8 years ago. It may have even been a 1801 but honestly it's been so long since then I can't remember. I have more recently been on a 1700 and an 1801 with the bow platform. Is there really any size difference from the 1801? I've read about some changes to the hull and also read people saying they can't see any differences side by side. I liked the 1700 but storage was extremely limited. Is there really any more usable storage space on the 1800? Like a larger, more usable console storage space? My idea for cruising to the beach is a couple bean bag chairs just on the deck forward of the console. But enough storage in the console for a couple of the gals' beach bags on top of the life jackets would be nice so they're not just out scattered around the deck.

Lastly, what is the capacity plate for persons/weight on the 1800? I'm not expecting to ever fish more than 3 people, but I'm curious to know for the days when we just run up the ICW to beach at Dewees Inlet.

Thanks in advance!

You are pretty much on the money for fuel burn. Top speed low 40s,,4-5 mpg. I can't tell the difference between the 1800 and the 1801. My 18 is on here for sale and pics are posted. They may help you see how much storage there is.WE would carry a small cooler for most days and use the cooler in front of the console for storage as well as the dockbox seat behind the wheel.Plenty of room to put a couple of bean bags in the front. The boat is very well balanced and generally inmo does not NEED tabs but if you will be running it in much chop they would definitely be a plus.

Thanks for the quick reply.

4-5 MPG would be acceptable to me considering the old carb'd 2s power. I really have no qualms with 2s power.

The tabs I will definitely add asap. Regardless of the weather Charleston Harbor is constantly a washing machine. Any small boat in there requires getting more of the entry into the chop. And from where I launch I have to run through the harbor to go anywhere...inshore, offshore, ICW, you name it. All requires a run through the harbor.

andyb":3vi5k84p said:
Thanks for the quick reply.

4-5 MPG would be acceptable to me considering the old carb'd 2s power. I really have no qualms with 2s power.

I usually see about 3mpg on a '91 1700 with an '06 115v4. A friend of mine has an '89 19' Mako with an early 90s precision blend 1154v and he sees 2-3mpg. These are "real world" numbers for us, fillup/gps miles. Mostly running at cruise, fair amount of idle/slow speeds and a clean out every now and then.

The motors are great, we thoroughly enjoy them. My 06 is significantly quieter than his older one, but still kinda loud compared to 4S or DI engines.

BradH, thanks for the input.

I'm definitely still interested in this 1800. Our schedules just aren't jiving to be able to get together to test run each others boats for a while. Looking like it'll be after Labor Day by the time our schedules can work out.

I'm trying to incorporate some of the GF's likes and dislikes in my next boat, so I was planning on taking her along for the sea trial(s). She definitely wanted to...then really thought about it. Said there's a possibility she may cry if/when I start hooking up the Shamrock to somebody else's truck to take home, thus making him feel bad and not going through with it :cry: Sounding like I may just need to keep the Shamrock for beach trips and cruises and just buy a cheap true flats boat :mrgreen:

Back