seacock replacement handle

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBO77

Reaction score
Hello. Does anyone know the brand of the seacock Parker uses for the washdown/livewell intake so that I can look up a replacment handle. Mine was missing when I bought the boat (unless you count the pair of vicegrips latched on). Thanks.

Either Apollo, Conbraco, or Groco. Take a pic and post, can probably tell by looking at the handle stem...

It looks very similar to the Apollo but the stem seems to be round rather than oval (could be from the vise grips but I don't see any excess material pushed around). Also, there is a difference in the casting shown by the arrow possibly with a set screw. The Apollo also lists a stainless handle and nut but I know for a fact that this handle rusted in half and the nut was bronze (unless this was a backing nut that pinched the handle to keep it from spinning on a round shaft). It came from the factory on a '99 2300 center console. Thanks again

Attachments

• seacock.JPG
    seacock.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 546
  • seacock2.JPG
    seacock2.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 546
Bryan, I think you're onto something. The previous owner told me the handle broke but I think the shaft broke instead after feeling the end of it. Looks like I'll be removing the whole seacock and replacing. Any ideas for a quality replacement to fit the existing thru hull. Thanks

I would say from a "quality" standpoint, you really can't beat Groco. You can move the stop from side to side to allow the handle to turn either direction, and the handle has a receiver in it that accepts a 3/8" ratchet for easier turning in hard to reach places (no, I'm not a salesman!)...
fbv-wv-250.jpg

Back