To Hydrofoil or not to Hydrofoil 21se

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiffraffWillie

Reaction score
I've heard back and fourth on using hydrofoils. I have a Parker 21se, I love the boat and use the tabs extensively. I've heard others say that adding hydrofoil improved ride in chop as well. What say others that have experience with these hydrofoils or particularly Parker 21se rideability hacks.

I cannot say much about a hydrofoil for a 21se (because I have never been on one) but I can say I personally have not met 1 person that was NOT happy adding one to any boat they have. Now, I am not saying every boat needs one but I am saying everyone I know that has installed them has been glad they did. I had one on my 2320 and without it, the under-powered (200hp) boat struggled to jump out of the water. With it, it got on plain easily. I also added one to my 19' Kencraft CC and my brothers 17' Arima Ranger and in both cases it was very beneficial (especially the Arima). It's a relatively inexpensive addition that I believe would benefit your boat, especially if you feel you are using the tabs more than normal.

I installed a hydrofoil on my 2120 and no complaints. I also added a 4 blade prop and now I get on plane very quick.

I actually removed the Permatrim from my 2320 about a month ago. I made a lot of changes at the same time, when my boat was new.
My thinking was that it was counteracting the stern lift of the Rev 4. After 2 trips to the ocean with 180 minutes of run time, I put it back on. I have 18" trim tabs, and they are very effective. The Permatrim just stabilizes the boat well. It's not just being able to bury the bow, but it slows or dampens the oscillations.
I wouldn't consider a 21 SE "stern heavy" since it doesn't use a bracket. My only advice would be to be scientific about it with objective data, and only make 1 change at a time. It would be great if you could mount it temporarily without drilling holes...

I cannot say much about a hydrofoil for a 21se (because I have never been on one) but I can say I personally have not met 1 person that was NOT happy adding one to any boat they have. Now, I am not saying every boat needs one but I am saying everyone I know that has installed them has been glad they did. I had one on my 2320 and without it, the under-powered (200hp) boat struggled to jump out of the water. With it, it got on plain easily. I also added one to my 19' Kencraft CC and my brothers 17' Arima Ranger and in both cases it was very beneficial (especially the Arima). It's a relatively inexpensive addition that I believe would benefit your boat, especially if you feel you are using the tabs more than normal.
Yes, I have to bury them in any sort of chop and start out with them half employed to get up on plan with any efficiency. Don't get me wrong, it's a bit of a hassle but I love this boat. Do you have a manufacture you'd recommend over others?

Latest posts

Back