Very Happy New 23se owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
WOW, after 6 long months of searching found my 2005 23se! We are very happy with our new boat and can't wait to get her in the water next spring. Ill post pictures soon!

I did have one question, the t-top is bolted into the center console only, the legs on the bottom of the console have feet with bolt holes but are around 8" off the deck. The only thing I can think of is its not bolted down so the whole console can be unbolted and lifted off as one piece. Anyone have any ideas? The console seems pretty solid but this concerns me a bit when it gets a little rough and people are holding on tight. :?:

Any thoughts are helpful, thanks!!!!!!

2005 23'se yamaha 200 4-stroke- :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Congrats on new boat. can you post a pic of the "bolt on" mounting?

Welcome to CP!

Yes, photos of the console and t-top legs would be helpful.

Congrats on your new 23SE! I know how much I enjoyed the one I had. I'll post a photo of how my T-top was bolted to the floor and console. I'm curious if yours is the same. My boat was a 2005 model also. Sounds like it may be an add on T-top that was adapted to the console. I'm glad mine was bolted to the floor. When you put a bunch of rods in the rocket launchers, and load up the electronics box, you need a lot of support. Towing down the road with a strong head wind also stresses the top. I would think about having a local marine welder fabricate some extentions and bolt the legs to the floor.

Charlie,
Eden, Maryland

Ok heres a few pictures, hell of a time trying to resize, our guess is the guy was very tall and raised the t-top up, also it seems if we just lower it the access to the center console and tackle storage may be blocked. Guess we may have to do some welding. :?:

Whatdya think? :?

Attachments

• parker3.JPG
    parker3.JPG
    126.2 KB
The t-top looks to be an add-on that the previous owner did. I noticed a radar dome on top. When I put the radar on top of my T-top, It was 13'1" to the top when sitting on the trailer. I had to be careful of low tree limbs when trailering. I would have the feet cut off, a spacer welded in, weld the feet back on, and fasten it to the floor. My daughter used to hang from mine and it wouldn't budge.

Charlie
Eden, Maryland

Congrats on the purchase. You now own what is, imo, one of the prettiest and most functional boats on the water. The 23SE also handles better than the 21 in terms of almost zero bow rise when taking off yet is easy to launch and retrieve solo. Bought my '03 23SE just over a year ago and have put maybe 140 hrs on her doing everything from flounder fishing in the bay to 8 miles offshore looking for rockfish in somewhat unpleasant conditions.
I've looked at other boats from time to time and wondered 'what if...' but to be honest I don't think there is a boat out there right now that is better suited to my uses. Super stable on the drift and the 8'6" beam is a HUGE improvement over boats with 8' beams that i've been on. Lots of room to walk around! Yet you can still put the tabs down and do 20-25mph in 2-3' ocean conditions.

Oh, i would add a spacer for the ttop legs before i did any welding on the top as you'll have to remove any protective coating if you weld and thus invite corrosion.

Truth be told i'd probably budget for a new t-top done right in time.

Agree completely it needs to be attended to. I think maybe replacing the t-top is a bit drastic. I have a marine fabricator who can handle the job and get it done right. Thanks the advice.

Another question, we probably need backing plates under the deck where the top will bolt down, can we slide some in from under the top or do we need to cut access from each side of the top? Hate to put more holes unless we have to. I know Im asking questions my welder could answer but the boat is shrink wrapped, its nice to know what Im in for this spring. Besides you guys love talking Parker anyways right????? :D
:?:

Update, since winter, t top has been extended and bolted down, got some ld marine outriggers (love them), put together some tuna stuff on CL, 3 bluefins so far, tons of bass, our 23se is treating us very well. Hope everyones lines are tight, catch em up! Ill post pics some time soon.

Great season, the boat treated us very well. Still hoping for one more bite!

Attachments

• sushi.jpg
    sushi.jpg
    43.4 KB
  • natedog.jpg
    natedog.jpg
    13.1 KB
  • bucketobass.jpg
    bucketobass.jpg
    20 KB
  • fattuna.jpg
    fattuna.jpg