1992 Parker 1801 questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wet keel

Reaction score
I found a 1992 Parker 1801 with a newer yamaha 150 4 stroke that I am thinking about buying but want some information about the year the boat was made and what kind of signs I should look for. What year did Parker start encapsulating the stringers?

The 1992 Parker 18 ft. model was called an 1800. The 1801's didn't start until the 2000's.
I don't know about encapsulating the stringers, but do know that's a mighty heavy engine on that 1800. Your scuppers will be working overtime.

The stringers have always been encapsulated.
The problem with some of the early models was that the underside of the deck wasn't always epoxy coated.

A 1992 should be OK, but if you want to know details on that model, it is probably best to give the factory a call.
The folks there are very helpful about answering questions about Classic Parkers. 8)

I appreciate the help guys. Do yall know if teak was still used on these boats until 2000? I have had a couple boats with teak and I will never do it again.

wet keel":fn9om3bf said:
Do yall know if teak was still used on these boats until 2000?

It depends on the model, and the year.
Mine is a 1996 model and the only teak on her is what you see in this photo.

Image-0B03138559B911DC.jpg

Back