23se for Lake Erie?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H taylor

Reaction score
I'm considering a 23se for Lake Erie.. How do you guys think this hull will handle the lake.. Will it be ok if I slow down and let the bow do its job? Is the 200 plenty of power or should I go with the 225 or 250? I'm never in a hurry but don't want an under powered boat.
Thanks a lot

Personally I cannot speak for the 23se but I run a 2320 powered with a 225 on Lake Superior and anything less that that would underpowered IMO. If I have to repower I would go with a 250hp minimum or a 300hp (my goal).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.. I was thinking 225 also.. I wish the dealer here in Ohio had one in stock. I'll have to order the boat.. They said the cc 's just don't sell like the pilot house.

I would go with a 250. I have a 2320 that had a 225 yammi on it, it was under powered when fully loaded with 6 or 7 people on it. I now have a zuke 300 on it now what a difference that made.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Well, I have never ridden on a 23se however I would truly feel that boat would be fine with a 200hp. I own a 2320 with a 200 and it's a dog however the 2320/2300 hull is a deep V hull (21degree) and the 23se is a 14 degree hull which does not plow through the water like the other hulls mentioned. I agree with the others that 250 minimum on the 2320/2300. BTW, the 23se has max of 250 where as the 2300 has max of 300hp.

As an example, when you see the 2520 XLD (21 degree) hull, they are always powered with twins up to twin 250hp. However the Mod V 2520 are often run with single 225/250hp. completely different hulls.

Anyway, hope that helps. I would definitely run the boat if you can and see how it feels. Best of luck

mheltunen":2mb3xxfc said:
Personally I cannot speak for the 23se but I run a 2320 powered with a 225 on Lake Superior and anything less that that would underpowered IMO. If I have to repower I would go with a 250hp minimum or a 300hp (my goal).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2320 pilothouse is 4100 lb. dry weight and the 23 SE is 2750 lb. That 1350 lb. difference and 21 degree vs 14 degree dead rise at transom make it hard to compare the two. I've recently bought a new 23 SE with the 200 XB I4 Yamaha that I've put 400 miles on in Long Island Sound in a month and am very happy with the performance and economy of the 200 hp. My performance numbers have pretty much matched the numbers Yamaha posts for that boat and motor. I've only fished it with two on board and a nearly full tank so can't speak for performance with 3-4 on board. If I was ordering one I'd go for the 225 hp because if you get the 200 hp and aren't happy with the power, you're stuck with it. IMO you can't go wrong with more power only too little.

Thanks a lot to everyone for their input... We've looked at the 23se before when in n Carolina ... I just wish there was one closer than Virginia to check out again before I spend the money.

I did previously own a 23 sea ox for several years, so I understand the mod v hull.. The Parker does seem larger tho.

I also owned a 23 sea ox w/225 Johnson from 1993- 1999. The 23 SE is a bigger better riding boat IMO. Good luck.

I have a 2013 23se with a 225 yamaha. I get 3.8 mpg with 2 people and full fuel. Boat comes on plain quickly and I don't loose the horizon.

Back